Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 9 Mar 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Cancelling Sky for Now TV

Hi
We are paying £90 a month for sky and then also have subscriptions for Netflix, BT sport and Prime. We only really use Sky for Sky sports (football) and I also tend to record and watch soaps on this (but could start doing that on iplayer . When I phoned to reduce my package, the cheapest I can get with the sports and multiroom is over £60 as I need to take the basic entertainment package as well. Has anyone changed from Sky to Now TV for the sports as the monthly fee is £34 a month and you don't need to take it out every month? Do you get the same sky sports channel? Thanks
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Mobile

We cancelled sky last October and have now TV. We bought a Roku which let's you access now TV, Amazon prime, Netflix, bbc player etc. all from one place. We don't have sports but
We do have movies and entertainment. We got a deal for 6month passes for both for £50. They run out next week but they still have the offer so I am away to cancel our subscription and take a new one out using a different email address. I am pretty sure there are good sports pass offers about too. Can honestly say the only thing I miss about sky is being able to pause live TV. Glad we made the change and have saved loads.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

Just got an offer today from Now TV for 9 months of Sky sports for £195 to coincide with the formula 1 season starting. That's a £100 saving on Now TV sports package which I think is more expensive than if you had it via a contract with Sky.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Grump$ View Post
Just got an offer today from Now TV for 9 months of Sky sports for £195 to coincide with the formula 1 season starting. That's a £100 saving on Now TV sports package which I think is more expensive than if you had it via a contract with Sky.
if you do a deal like that for sports do you have to pay for entertainment/box sets on top of that? thank you
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
if you do a deal like that for sports do you have to pay for entertainment/box sets on top of that? thank you
No with Now TV all passes are bought separately, they sometimes do deals that bundle entertainment and movies for reduced term with these and also with the sports deals you have to remember to cancel before deal ends as they revert to the normal sale price after deal with no communication that the deal is about to end.
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Thanks I phoned through to cancellations and got it down to £50 a month so just accepted it as basically i find sky easy to use etc so just for pure laziness. Still £40 cheaper than we were paying
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

For the record we had Sky Sports on now TV for 2 months (at half price). You get all the same channels as on TV. It’s about 20 seconds behind ‘live tv’ but that’s not a major issue for me

The attraction is the lack of a contract.
Old 9 Mar 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

they do excellent black friday deals at nowtv, always 50% off, worth to get a year of the stuff you want them
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Are you gonna keep your phone line and broadband with Sky? As that’s £25 with now tv
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List