Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Mar 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stephiesplodge
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Kennedy space Center

We have never got to do KSC and thinking of trying it this time,
We are staying near Disney and would drive over. I guess it may take 2hrs max.

So my question is how long can you spend in KSC with just the base ticket. What tine should we aim to be there to get everything done, Or most of it. We have some time takers in our party aswell the speedy’s
Do we dedicate the whole day? Or Can it be done in a few hours? If we make it over there in the morning.

I would love to hear what you all planned on your trips to KSC, tips or reviews. Thank you!

~Disneyland Paris~ August 2007 - Dec 2014
~Hong Kong Disneyland~ August 2017
~Disney Tokyo~ August 2019
stephiesplodge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

If you want to see everything then you definitely need a whole day. We got there for opening and headed straight towards the tour first. It can get busy later on in the day. It is so interesting, I hope you enjoy it.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m sure it didn’t take any where near 2 hours, more like 1 hour. I was quite reluctant to go to KSC as I didn’t think I would be interested. We all loved it. We arrived early, parked really close to the entrance and were outside ready for opening and we were probably the last ones to leave ! We didn’t book any extras as there was so much of interest to see. We took a packed lunch and ate it on some picnic benches at the entrance. We had our evening meal in nearby Titusville at a restaurant called Shillohs steakhouse and this was probably the best meal of our holiday.
It was a lovely and relaxed day and not too crowded.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We arrived at 9.00am and soon realised we had managed to arrive on a launch day as it had been postponed from the day before. It was so exciting, we did the bus trip and stayed over at the launch viewing area. The launch took place before 4.00 then we got the bus back to the rest of the site. It was very emotional to view everything. I have to admit I had thought the moon landings were filmed in the desert but this changed my mind, it is real!
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went a couple of years back (didn't drive, but took a bus that went from Orlando to KSC getting to KSC around 10am and leaving KSC around 5pm). And it turned out there was lots to see and do there that actually kept me occupied for the full 7 hours I was there...

- Atlantis tour - probably a couple of hours
- Bus to the Apollo centre and back - this probably took up another 2-3 hours of my time, as the bus ride is almost a tour in itself (you get to see a lot of the buildings they have), and there was lots to see at the Apollo centre
- Lunch - an hour or so!
- Meet an astronaut - maybe 30 minutes or so
- IMAX shows - I think there were two, and I only watched one of them
- Walk around the gift shop

There were also other things I didn't do, and you could also book lunch with an astronaut which sounded interesting.

So would say it's a full day thing for me!

(I'll add though that we got back to Disney around 6pm-ish, at which point I headed straight for Epcot and think I stayed at Epcot until closing...)
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s definitely a whole day experience. Won’t take as long as 2 hours to get there but is well worth it. Must admit I wasn’t sure it was going to be my cup of tea but it was fantastic - been a couple of times since !

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m going to go against the grain and say I could hardly spend two hours there. I found it utterly boring.

DH liked it and DS seemed to enjoy it too, but it wasn’t for me. Half a day and they were ready to leave.

I remember going as a child and loving KSC, but last summer was a waste of £££.

That’s just my opinion though and I hope if you go, you all have a lovely time.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SoloStitch
New Poster (4)

Thumbs up

I travel solo and am a geeky adult so cant speak to how it is with nippers.

Went last year, took me 50 minutes easy drive (on a tuesday) from Kissimmee. First time I've been since 1992 and it was just brilliant, am going back this september as didn't get everything done.

I bought tickets on the day, tip if you do, don't go and wait for the manned ticket booth, head left on the way in and use the machines (look like cash machines). Parking was $10 and lovely small car park so didn't need a lay down to recover after walking to the entrance like the bigger parks

Did tour first (in sept was only 3 of us on bus), you're on the bus seeing the sights of the complex and then stop and get off to tour a separate building that houses the Saturn rockets and apollo memorabilia. Also has a couple of short films in there including a superb simulated launch from the control room. Is a cafe and gift shop in this area.

Back on the bus takes 15 mins to get back to the main site where there is then the Atlantis exhibit, I was in there about an hour, quite something seeing the shuttle up close. Also a moving exhibit about the Challenger and Columbia disasters.

I then ran out of time but from memory there are 2 imax films, a kid oriented astronaut training thing, big old gift shop, cafe, rocket garden and exhibit about all the astronauts.

So in short, its a really interesting place. Enjoy.