Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 28 Dec 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Kate Spade Prices

Does anyone know the price of Kate Spade bags in the outlet? I know prices are different depending on style and what not. Or if they have any extra "holiday" discounts. But just a guide price will do. DW wants to buy one when we go away so she just needs to know a realistic budget to save for one.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were there in May and picked up lots of bargains. They had extra discounts because it was mother’s day and I know they also do Black Friday discounts so I’m sure there are other holiday promotions too. I picked up a wallet, a cross body bag, a small shoulder bag and coin purse for around $150
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Whenever I’ve been they hand a 70% discount voucher out as you enter the store - same in Coach. It’s nonsense really as a lot of their products are made especially for the outlet. They are still lovely bags though and I paid about £100 for a large purse (with a chain handle so it could be used as an evening bag) and a medium sized handbag.
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
Whenever I’ve been they hand a 70% discount voucher out as you enter the store - same in Coach. It’s nonsense really as a lot of their products are made especially for the outlet. They are still lovely bags though and I paid about £100 for a large purse (with a chain handle so it could be used as an evening bag) and a medium sized handbag.
Yup I think it's an important note that Kate Spade (and Coach) have a number of items that are specifically made for outlets, in addition to past season merchandise from the regular retail stores.

Sometimes you can tell by the logo on the bag (I think Kate Spade for outlet usually has a rectangular metal plaque with Kate Spade on it whereas the retail Kate Spade has the shape of the spade - I might be wrong though!).

The reason why this is important is because sometimes (not all the time) the quality varies between items made for outlets and items made for regular retail store. I have a really lovely Coach bag that I picked up in the outlet store, and one of my friends has a Coach bag from a regular retail store in an identical style/size - but if you compare the two bags it's very apparent that the leather on mine (outlet) is nowhere near as nice as the leather on hers (regular retail).

At some times of the year you might also get a bargain on bags from the regular retail stores or from places like Macy's. I picked up a really nice discounted Kate Spade nylon backpack from the store in Disney Springs last year (discounted because end of season) - I think it was maybe around $170-ish (regular retail price probably around $250-ish).
Old 28 Dec 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I treated my daughter to a handbag I bought from the Kate Space shop in the premium outlets mall and think it costs about $180 in the end.
Old 28 Dec 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

I bought a beautiful black wool & velvet winter coat with a detachable fur collar at the Tampa outlets; ticket price was $800 but with 60% discount plus a further 10% discount with my Premium VIP booklet, the price including tax was $280.
Very pleased with that.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

The bags are specifically made for the outlets, so the quality can sometimes be not as good, so there never the bargains they claim they are, try places like tj max, Macy’s, Ross for proper Kate spade bags though they do sometimes stock old season main line store lines

Edited at 08:46 PM.
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
The bags are specifically made for the outlets, so the quality can sometimes be not as good, so there never the bargains they claim they are, try places like tj max, Macy’s, Ross for proper Kate spade bags though they do sometimes stock old season main line store lines
Strange how those my wife has bought were available online and also in our local Costco in the U.K...

(Both Kate Spade and Coach).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Strange how those my wife has bought were available online and also in our local Costco in the U.K...

(Both Kate Spade and Coach).
You may see the ‘same’ item on sale in the regular & outlet stores, ie, same design/look etc.

However, the outlet item will have been manufactured with inferior materials, stitching, care, quality checks etc; as others mention, it can sometimes be easy to spot this.

It is suggested that around 95% of outlet stock is made specifically for outlets & has never been near nor intended to be for regular stores.

That’s fine as long as you’re aware & don’t compare pricing etc for items in US/UK regular stores vs outlet stores; they’re not the same items.

Edited at 04:02 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Maksol
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi , we were there a few days ago and most of the store had 70% off with an extra 20% off on a lot of items. A lot of the bags etc are not leather though, and there were marks on many of the items.
Maksol is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List