Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Mar 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Sunshine
Earning More Ears

Car hire help

Hi
Can anyone help find the cheapest car hire for me please? I need 1 Rav4 size (for 4 of us) and I need 1 x 7 seater (for 3 of us mostly but 6 of us when we use the one car for days out as we need the boot space for a disability scooter).
We need hire from Sandford airport from 4aug to 18aug. We need 2 satnavs and gold insurance must be Alamo car hire for ease of pickup and drop off. ( unless there are others at Sandford Airport?)
I have seen Virgini car hire use a Alamo and Andy from florida car hire use Alamo but it's all so expensive!
If any one fancies a challenge in finding a good price it'll be much appreciated.I am putting off using florida car hire as the sav nav is sent out in the post and I'm worried about the postage charges to return and also would prefer not to have this extra to do
Thanks guys

Edited at 04:56 PM.
Mrs Sunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Mrs Sunshine View Post
I am putting off using florid car hire as the sav nav is sent out in the post and I'm worried about the postage charges to return and also would prefer not to have this extra to do
Thanks guys
As all my devices are booked out during early August, it'd have to come from my backup supplier. He doesn't include the return postage however its about £3.50 from the local post office.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Sunshine
Earning More Ears

Oh OK, Thanks for that! I was expecting it to be a lot more. Would you be able to give me a quote please
Mrs Sunshine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Intermediate SUV prices:
Alamo = £448
Dollar = £382
Budget = £445
Hertz = £455

7 seater people carrier prices:
Alamo = £619
Budget = £550

Full Size 7 seater SUV:
Alamo = £603

All with one driver (except Budget who include spouse of driver as well). If you need the package which includes additional drivers, let me know.

DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was going to suggest that Andy will give you a competitive quote and he's already been on the thread. Loads of Dibbers including us have used him and regularly recommend him.

All I would add though is don't let the satnav issue compromise anything. We don't use them much except when we are going off the beaten track and using the back roads.

We have "Here we go" free app on our mobiles. Download the maps here and it works over there without using data. Obviously you'd need a passenger looking at the screen for safety's sake but she does "talk" to you as well.

Unfortunately though I don't think that you can skip the counter at Sanford.

Mick
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Sunshine
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Intermediate SUV prices:
Alamo = £448
Dollar = £382
Budget = £445
Hertz = £455

7 seater people carrier prices:
Alamo = £619
Budget = £550

Full Size 7 seater SUV:
Alamo = £603

All with one driver (except Budget who include spouse of driver as well). If you need the package which includes additional drivers, let me know.
Thanks for that info. Can I ask what’s the difference in the 7 seater sizes? We were upgraded last time with Alamo to a Dodge Journey and only have that to compare sizes with. We need the boot space for my mother in law scooter. Also, do we have to give you a code from the dvla? I’m sure we did something online with Alamo last time? Can we skip any ques with you by online checkin? Thanks
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

People carrier photos - discountfloridacarhire/7-seater.php
Full Size SUV photos - discountfloridacarhire.co...seater-suv.php

No DVLA code needed.

Yes, you can take advantage of Alamo's online check in however at Sanford you'll need to either visit the rental desk or self service kiosk in order to print off your rental agreement.