Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Hello there! Good to hear your son is still continuing on the meds, that's definitely progress. I hope you are looking after yourself too, that's so important x.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hi there .
Thanks for the update
It does sound from your tone that there are currently more downs than ups at the moment , which is less than ideal
With that in mind, and despite the risks of changing any medication after a long period, it does appear that a change of Meds may be the way to go
I wish you all the luck in the world
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi

Thanks for the update.

Although it doesn't seem 100% there are positive signs and as with mental health issues it can be a long old slog.

You DS really won't see that there is anything wrong - that is the nature of the beast unfortunately.

At least you are able to support him moving forward. It is often a case of trial and error - they will be able to find the right meds but it just takes time.

Its awful but at least you have the support of the MH team - sometimes they can be worse than useless.

Wishing you all all the best

xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

I guess when you mention the gold standard you are talking about Lithium.

It does require regular monitoring (3 monthly bloods) and carries some risks (although all these types of drugs do really) but I have seen it be very effective where other treatments have failed.

Unfortunately, it can take years to sort these things out.
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I was thinking about you and wondering the other day how things were going. So,thank you for letting us know. Fingers still crossed. 🤞
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Consistent
Trying for More Ears

Thank you all again for your good wishes.
He has started the other med.
Had a fair bit of a rant tonight but calmed rather quickly.

FL-veteran , the next other one, is clozapine, it’s a med that’s only given when two others have failed,
The pharmaceutical company won’t let it be prescribed though without these blood tests.

I’m tired tonight , I get tired quickly , even though our lives are different to most and I take pleasure in the little things.
Consistent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Consistent View Post
Thank you all again for your good wishes.
He has started the other med.
Had a fair bit of a rant tonight but calmed rather quickly.

FL-veteran , the next other one, is clozapine, it’s a med that’s only given when two others have failed,
The pharmaceutical company won’t let it be prescribed though without these blood tests.

I’m tired tonight , I get tired quickly , even though our lives are different to most and I take pleasure in the little things.
Testing is fairly intense for clozapine.

Weekly for first 18 weeks, fortnightly for up to 1 year and then monthly after that.

Also, it is only usualy initiated under close medical supervision to watch for initial side-effects / reactions.
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
How is it going Consistent? Keeping my fingers crossed.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Consistent
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
Testing is fairly intense for clozapine.

Weekly for first 18 weeks, fortnightly for up to 1 year and then monthly after that.

Also, it is only usualy initiated under close medical supervision to watch for initial side-effects / reactions.
Yes , I honestly don’t think he is needing something quite as scary /drastic as this. We shall see what this other one brings first.

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
How is it going Consistent? Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thank you Jan, he’s doing ok on this for now, quite calm , see how he goes .
Consistent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Hi Consistent, I’ve been thinking of you lately and wondered how things are going? x
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List