Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Mar 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
billabong
A Guest at All-Stars

Sanford to Indian Creek

Hi we arrive into Sanford at 2:20 on a Wednesday in August, We have hired a villa at Indian Creek I am thinking of taking the 417 greenaway to I4 then 429 to first exit and come up Formosa Gardens BLVD to Indian Creek, I know it sound a long way around but I am thinking of all the traffic and lights on 192.
Another way would be leave 417 at junction 3 onto Oceola parkway then along Sherbeth Drive to 192 then down Formosa Gardens BLVD, Anyone any idea which would be the best route please bearing in mind it will probably be around 4:30 5 PM ish.

Thanks ,
billabong is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Our place is not far from you - we’re on Encore - and I find the 417/I4 intersection and down to the 429 to be a nightmare at that time. Personally I would do Jct 3 of the 417 along Osceola Parkway as you also suggest. I tend to do Jct 3/Osceola/World Drive/192/Old Lake Wilson Rd to get to ours.

Edited at 05:48 PM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

I'm with SteveC on this, the traffic on the I4 from the 417 to the 429 will bee heavy at that time.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would come off the 417 and then take world center drive towards Disney then take the left turn on to Griffin Road up to the 192 then take a left up to the junction of the 192 and Lake Wilson road and turn left on to Lake Wilson Road and then turn immediately right on to Funie Steed road and follow it down to the 4 way junction at Formosa Gardens Blvd turn left and you will be nearly there.

Might seem long winded but it is nothing compared to being sat in the traffic on the I4 trying to get on to the 429.

Steve

Edited at 07:20 PM.
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I do the route from 417 to Formosa Gardens area regularly including at the time you mention. The shortest distance is to get off at the Celebration exit and just get on 192. All the alternatives usually take longer because when there is traffic they are busier too. For example Griffin Rd isn't too much longer when there are only two cars ahead of you at the lights but at a busy time it will be 40 cars and take forever as it is a short light that direction We used to use Osceola Parkway regularly before we moved here and I started checking Google Maps for traffic and realized it is nearly always longer as well.
Old 26 Mar 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
billabong
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks very much for the info everyone I will give I4 a miss and look at the other options,
billabong is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I do the route from 417 to Formosa Gardens area regularly including at the time you mention. The shortest distance is to get off at the Celebration exit and just get on 192. All the alternatives usually take longer because when there is traffic they are busier too. For example Griffin Rd isn't too much longer when there are only two cars ahead of you at the lights but at a busy time it will be 40 cars and take forever as it is a short light that direction We used to use Osceola Parkway regularly before we moved here and I started checking Google Maps for traffic and realized it is nearly always longer as well.
We are looking for a route to avoid the i4 as well, is the Celebration Exit signposted as an exit on the 417 ? it sounds an easier option if taking you straight onto the 192 that would be perfect for us too.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by macy View Post
We are looking for a route to avoid the i4 as well, is the Celebration Exit signposted as an exit on the 417 ? it sounds an easier option if taking you straight onto the 192 that would be perfect for us too.
Celebration Avenue is junction 2 off the 417 and you'll encounter an unmanned toll which was $1 last November/December

Mick
Old 26 Mar 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Yes it is just a mile after the Osceola exit. Pretty sure it is exit 2. If not using Sunpass make sure you have coins for any of the exits mentioned. The previous toll booths on the 417 itself have manned options so you can ask for change.
Old 26 Mar 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Yes it is just a mile after the Osceola exit. Pretty sure it is exit 2. If not using Sunpass make sure you have coins for any of the exits mentioned. The previous toll booths on the 417 itself have manned options so you can ask for change.
Donna

Any excuse for one of my regular screen shots.

First plaza on 417 south after leaving MCO. Either $1.50 or $1.75 last visit. One more like it before j2

Mick