Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

Most maddening experience I ever had was late one night when I returned home to find a visitor at the house across the road had parked not only on my drive but in front of my garage My driveway is kind of triangular and he could’ve parked between the house and the garage and I would’ve been only mildly annoyed but I was furious. When I went to the door and got him out to move it, he said he hadn’t realised! Realised what exactly?! That he was on my private driveway, that he was blocking me from putting my car into my garage, that the building was a garage and not a shop with public parking spaces, who knows? Is he fit to drive and does his Mummy have to dress him in the morning?

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

My daughter noticed a car pulling up onto their driveway early morning and early evening. Her husband had seen it too but it never stayed there more than about 5 minutes (and often when my daughter and her husband weren’t suitably dressed to go out there). They learnt that he guy two doors down had taken in a lodger and this driver was a work colleague picking him up and dropping him off. My daughter went out one day and ‘explained’ that it was a private drive. He said “I’m just picking John up”. My daughter suggested he might be better pulling up onto John’s driveway then. We did wonder if he had the wrong house but would he not have wondered why John was sauntering up the road from a few doors down?
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Or maybe John wasn’t supposed to be working?

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

My friend had company over Christmas - as do we all. Her son parked down the road in front of a neighbours house but not across anyone's driveway, not inconsiderately to a soul. When they went to leave their car had been keyed! As luck would have it, my friend's CCTV picked up the woman neighbour coming out in her dressing gown, looking around her then stooping low while going along the side of his car. The police said it was enough evidence to charge her.
How petty can people be though
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We are lucky we have two drives which can hold four large cars
The number of people who park over the end of both drives is unreal!
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneylover43 View Post
Today in a local Homebase carpark
Aren't people advised to reverse into parking spaces for stafety reasons
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had a neighbour who had a bonfire on Christmas Day which had black smoke drifting across our garden. Our dining room looked over the garden. It was lunchtime as well hey ho everyone to there own we still wonder why 😂
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
We had a neighbour who had a bonfire on Christmas Day which had black smoke drifting across our garden. Our dining room looked over the garden. It was lunchtime as well hey ho everyone to there own we still wonder why 😂
Maybe they don't celebrate Christmas and it was a protest fire
In all seriousness that's just ridiculous, and even worse when they burn things they shouldn't (like rubber and plastics etc).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

One of our neighbours in the past got a new drill for Christmas and spent the whole day building a wall cabinet... and they had children!

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Living opposite a primary school, there are times when parents parking antics are enough to pull your hair out. Thankfully, cars parking across our driveway is only an issue at certain times a day, not all day/night. Although it does coincide with when my wife and I usually leave for work.

There are yellow lines all down our road and large signs saying that any stopping (that includes loading/unloading as well as parking) is prohibited during school hours and yet they blatantly ignore those rules. Occasionally, the council will send a traffic warden down our road around 8:30am, in which case suddenly everyone miraculously complies with the law. It's a pity they don't do it more often than about 3 or 4 times a year.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List