Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Oct 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
Oh_Darling, don't stop now 😭
Haha I'm still here don't worry, been in California for 2 weeks so a bit busy! Next update coming right up x
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Day 6 - Tuesday 24th April 2018

Hey guys! I'm back from California now and determined to get this little dining review all finished so I can start my Cali trippie! Enjoy!

MAGIC KINGDOM DAY! We were so excited for this day, our 2nd (and final, sob!) visit to a theme park on this whirlwind trip. We were up super early to get an Uber to the MK for 8 for opening at 9.

OOTD! I was so excited to wear my new Haunted Mansion ears this day!

Our Uber was speedy to arrive and we got to the park about 8.30, perfectly on time. We bought our tickets and we were let in about 8.40! First thing first, selfies and castle photos galore!

There she is!

Brimming just ever so slightly

As we were taking photos of each other in Portrait mode on my iPhone, a lady and her daughter asked if we’d take a photo of them so of course we did, and then they asked if we’d like one

Unfortunately I think someone took my sunglasses at this point, if I put them on the wall, either that or I left them in the Uber Either way, this was when I realised which was pretty gutting. It was so so bright and sunny that day and I really needed some, so wonderful Benj took me back down to the Emporium and I managed to find a pair I liked (I’m so fussy with sunglasses even though I only buy super cheap ones!) and we bought them. Back on track!

We walked to the hub and watched the show on the stage which was pretty emotional and I’m not gonna lie, we both cried a few happy tears. I think we both just felt so so lucky and fortunate to be there

Our planned first ride was of COURSE Peter Pan so we headed on over to Fantasyland with the masses.

Always struggle with whether this is my fave our not; probably a close second to HM but it is a VERY close second!

We did a couple of other rides in Fantasyland before I felt like I might die from lack of food and we made an emergency pitstop at The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland for the holy grail of breakfast foods, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pretzels. We got one each obviously and sat outside in the sunshine with a bottle of water enjoying our treats for 10 glorious minutes.

This is Benj’s favourite snack in all of WDW and I love them too, so it was pretty spesh to be able to get one for brekkie

After breakfast (well, brunch, it was like 10.30) I realised that as we were in Tomorrowland, our next task could be only one thing.

Purple wall photos. Ben was fabulous and took loooaddds of shots of me even though people kept walking past (do they NOT KNOW WHICH WALL THIS IS) and I managed to get a couple of lovely ones, one of which has been my profile picture across all social media platforms since

After this we were still in a photoshoot mood so as we made our way over to our Haunted Mansion FP we stopped for a couple of lovely Partners pics

And we had to get one of me in my HM ears in front of the HM!

After a browse in Memento Mori and a trip on Pirates...

...we decided an acceptable amount of time had passed since our pretzels and it was okay to get lunch. Obviously we went to Pecos Bill because it’s our favourite CS location in WDW and there was never any question of going anywhere else.

As we had an early dins and time was getting on, we decided to share the taco trio:

Tacos 3 Ways - $10.99
Three Soft Shell Tacos with a selection of Seasoned Ground Beef, Seasoned Chicken, Spicy Beef topped with Lettuce and Tomatoes or Spicy Breaded Cauliflower topped with 5-spice Yogurt and Pineapple Salsa.

Restrained, right!? So we got two cauliflower and one chicken for me; I’d been tempted to get the cauli but I was really glad I didn’t as it was so spicy! We loaded up with toppings and shared a diet coke and it was honestly soooooo much food, so filling! There was loads of chicken in my taco so I took some out and ate it with the corn salad as a little side salad. I really enjoyed my taco and was absolutely stuffed so it worked out really well to share.

We chilled out a bit after lunch and wandered round Frontierland just taking it all in. We went in some of the shops on Main St and posed for a nice photo in front of the castle

It was insanely hot in the afternoon and we went to do some rides in Fantasyland, even though it wasn’t super busy it really felt like it was in FL - doesn’t it always!? We needed to cool off and as we’d shared a lunch, we actually felt like we were hungry enough for an ice cream! This never ever happens, we NEVER snack in Disney as we must eat so much at our meals. I don’t know how other people DO snack! Anyway, we treated ourselves to a rather magnificent ice cream cookie sundae and it was honestly amazing. We managed to find a little table in the sunshine and I have such a nice memory of sitting outside having a little rest and enjoying our ice cream

Look at this absolute beaut!

Cookie Sundae $5.99
Vanilla Soft-serve, Hot Fudge, Seasonal Sprinkles and a Chocolate-Chip Cookie

Dreamy, right?

After this we hung out in FL for a little while and queued for Dumbo as it was only 15 minutes.

I love this photo!

I also loved this poster!

We did a few more rides, time was getting on now and it was nearly time for our Plaza ADR.

Classic Buzz shot! Hahahah

We checked in for our 7.30pm ADR at 7.20pm and got given a buzzer. There was a massive line of people asking for walk ups so I was really glad we’d booked! Our buzzer went off about 25 to and we were led into a very cute restaurant into a nice corner table. I LOVE getting a 4 top so I was a happy girl!

I really fancied a milkshake so I ordered a chocolate one, and Benj got a strawberry one. The shake was MASSIVE and came with almost another shake in the metal shaker! It was so so good though and I was in milky chocolatey heaven.

For mains I was really undecided between the fried green tomato sammie and the brisket mac and cheese as I fancied fries, but in the end I decided the mac and cheese was a more unusual option that I could only get there, so I went for that. And slightly regretted it but HEY that is quite honestly my life.

Baked Honey-Barbecued Brisket Mac & Cheese - $21
Baked Pasta in Cheddar Cheese Sauce sprinkled with Crispy-fried Onions and Scallions topped with a Savory Barbecued Beef Brisket

Don’t get me wrong, it was really good, it’s just not a very ‘me’ dish which I should have known. It was just so meaty and heavy and not really what I wanted. But it was delicious! Once I added a bit of salt to the mac and cheese haha!

Some photos of the cute decor and restaurant inside!

Benj opted for the fried green tomato sandwich minus the bacon which was a fantastic vegetarian option! I was actually really jealous because it was such a great sandwich!

Fried Green Tomato Sandwich $17
A Deep-fried Green Tomato served with Bacon, Arugula, Tomato, and Pepper Jack Cheese topped with Alabama White Barbecue Sauce on a toasted Brioche Bun with choice of Seasonal Vegetables, Homemade Chips, or French Fries

We were both full to bursting, probably because we had a litre or so of ice cream to accompany our dinner. With a tip, dinner was about $70 which was a bit steep but the milkshakes were $9 each eekk! This really was a nice dinner though, we both really enjoyed it. Service was good and it felt like a real oasis away from the park.

We were out by about 8.45, perfect timing for Happily Ever After We got a good spot in the hub and stood enjoying the brand new show. OBVIOUSLY I don’t think it tops Wishes but that’s my favourite show ever ever ever and it holds a lot of memories, namely wedding day memories as we all watched it from our private dessert party at Sago Cay (hashtag bestdayeverrrrrr) but I did think it was amazing! And I did cry, but then I cry at everything hahahha. Honestly, a great show though

Once the fireworks had finished we had about 45 minutes until park closing so we checked the app and saw that Splash was 5 minutes! We hot footed it over and had our own private Splash ride! I have the BEST memories of this ride, it was literally just us! It was a bit spooky in the dark sections haha! I love this photo so much

And how profound is this!?

It was about 10pm by this point so we had to slowly start making our way back to Main Street. We honestly couldn’t believe we’d been in the MK for almost 14 hours straight; we had a complete absence of tiredness and we were still absolutely buzzing!

Ben realised we’d been in the park for 14 hours and we hadn’t done Country Bears! Bummmerrrrr

When we got to the hub we were hoping we’d get to see the kiss goodnight; I googled though and it said it probably wouldn’t be until half an hour after closing. We were both feeling it lal of a sudden and didn’t fancy waiting around, so Benj popped to the loo and I waited for him outside taking photos.

And you guessed it….the kiss goodnight started! At 10.15! I was so excited but so gutted that poor Benj was missing it! It didn’t last very long but I videoed it for Benj to watch and it was really sweet and emotional! I was so happy I got to see it!

He came out laughing as he’d heard it from the loo haha, bless him! And with that, we walked slowly, hand in hand up Main Street, towards the exit, pausing to say ‘See ya real soon’ to our favourite park. We hopped in an Uber and both fell asleep on the way home, absolutely in awe of ourselves for staying in the park for so long! A truly fantastic day
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

What a perfect last day, thank you for sharing Libby xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am totally stealing your plan of staying in MK the entire day, it sounds awesome. I can just imagine myself falling asleep in the shows though.

Benji's fried green tomato sandwich looks awesome, I was surprised to read that it had bacon on it, I bet a few veggies miss that initially.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
What a perfect last day, thank you for sharing Libby xx
Thank you! So glad you enjoyed reading about it, it really was an amazing day xxx

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am totally stealing your plan of staying in MK the entire day, it sounds awesome. I can just imagine myself falling asleep in the shows though.

Benji's fried green tomato sandwich looks awesome, I was surprised to read that it had bacon on it, I bet a few veggies miss that initially.
Honestly we couldn't believe we made it that long! Did not expect that when we set out in the morning!

Yeah it was such a good sandwich! It really didn't need the bacon, I hope at least that if people say they're veggie then they offer to make the sandwich for them minus the bacon, in case people don't think to ask! Thank you for reading along and commenting xxx
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great reviews👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great reviews👍
Thank you! x
Old 29 Oct 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Day 7 - Wednesday 25th April

After yesterday's absolute walk-a-thon, today was very much a chill day. We had a lovely, much needed line in and please don’t judge me but I ate re-heated Blaze pizza for brunch. And quite frankly, it was incredible. What a fantastic start to the day!

Once we’d eaten we headed outside to get an Uber to the outlets. We browsed a few shops but I only really had eyes on one store...the Yankee Candle shop. I’d decided to treat myself with some money I’d saved and buy some candles and tarts as they’re so much cheaper in the US! I never buy them over there but I’m lucky enough to get them for Christmas and birthdays sometimes because everyone knows I love them! This was incredibly successful trip because they had some crazy deals, so after MUCH deliberation of suitcase weight and much smelling of candles, I finally settled on the ones I wanted and the lovely lady packaged them up for us

Check out the savings!

My haul

We then got the bus back to the Comfort Inn as it was just outside the outlets. Back in the room we freshened up, donned Minnie ears (just me) and were ready to head out to Disney Springs for our last afternoon and evening.

We got an Uber to Marketplace and were stepping out into the glorious early afternoon sunshine in no time at all. First off, we headed up to the Coke store rooftop bar to check out the bars and sample a couple of drinks.

I had a

Stoney Mule
Stoney Ginger Beer, Hendrick's Gin, St. Germaine, Celery Bitters and Simple Syrup

And Benj had a

Chilling Peach Lemonade
Simply Lemonade, Evan Williams Peach Whiskey

Both delish! We enjoyed these on a little bench looking out over Disney Springs and it was pretty darn perfect

We went for a browse in some shops after this and we spent some time in one of my absolute faves, Sugarboo & Co. I just love this shop so much!

After a bit more shopping we paused to share some poutine from The Daily Poutine. We went for the

French Poutine - French Fries, Mushroom Cream Sauce and Gruyère Cheese $9.99

Because it’s veggie and we just wanted something to share! This was really yummy and I thought a lot of food for ten dollars!

We paused for some classic Disney Springs shots before continuing our shopping!

After a while the shopping was getting a bit exhausting so we made yet another pit stop at our fave, Dockside Margaritas. We enjoyed a couple of cocktails here while listening to the musician and watching this absolutely BEAUTIFUL sunset

After this we were both getting peckish and fancied getting some dinner. We hadn’t booked anywhere and it seemed really busy but Ben said we could see if we could get into Raglan Road as there was a band playing outside on the patio and the atmosphere was really lively when we walked past. I thought it was extremely unlikely we’d get a table as it was about 8.30! Benj said we might as well try though, so try we did. Well, blow me down if not only did we get a table, but we didn’t walk right through the restaurant and out onto the best table on the patio, right in front of the band! I literally couldn’t believe how jammy we’d been, I was so happy! We ordered a cider each and began browsing the menu, and if I’d thought I was happy with the table, I had no idea just how happy I was capable of being.

If you read my 2013 trippie you may remember us eating at Raglan Road and me enjoying the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do, which was scallops and pork belly and homemade gnocchi and all sorts of goodness. It was honestly one of the best plates of food I’ve ever enjoyed in my life, and certainly the best thing I ate that holiday. Unfortunately they took it off the menu shortly after our trip and I just accepted that I’d never get to eat it again.

UNTIL NOW. Imagine my shock when I perused the menu to see that the Gnocchi was back! I was so excited! I couldn’t believe how the stars were aligning for this dinner!

So obviously I ordered that, Benj ordered a veggie burger, and we sat back and enjoyed the festive atmosphere while we waited for our meals.

And when they came they were a vision of beauty.

Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do - Handmade potato gnocchi, seared Georges Bank scallops, crispy pork belly, tomatoes and kale in a white wine butter sauce - $27.00

And Ben’s burger:
The Big Q - Red quinoa and white bean burger, Dubliner cheddar, grilled zucchini, herb aioli and tomato chutney on a wholegrain bun - $16.00

My gnocchi was just as amazing as I remembered it and I devoured the whole thing! Ben was also really impressed with his veggie burger and said it had a really great blend of flavours. The aioli in particular was incredible!

Happy boy!

Full, tired and contented, we said goodbye to Disney Springs and got an Uber back to the hotel for our last night’s sleep
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Blaze for breakfast sounds great. The gnocchi dish looks amazing. I fancy Ragland road as keep reading really good things about it. Great table too!
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

The views across the water from Dockside Margaritas look great, the sunset is lovely. How exciting that your last dinner was one of your favourite meals!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List