Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya Kat, I'd like to see Teesside go onward and upwards, I guess it'll depend if management can lure airlines in... fingers crossed
Its being managed by Stobart who run a couple of other airports and have tied with air lingus. So... they should be better at running it then peel were
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Its being managed by Stobart who run a couple of other airports and have tied with air lingus. So... they should be better at running it then peel were
Indeed, 'should' being the operative word, I'm reserving being pleased until, hopefully, we seeing Teesside become popular again whilst pulling in a few airlines. Seems unfortunate flights to Majorca don't begin until next July. Mother mentioned a flight to London, do you have more info on that Powlay? Guessing LGW, if true it could be handy
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Indeed, 'should' being the operative word, I'm reserving being pleased until, hopefully, we seeing Teesside become popular again whilst pulling in a few airlines. Seems unfortunate flights to Majorca don't begin until next July. Mother mentioned a flight to London, do you have more info on that Powlay? Guessing LGW, if true it could be handy
thenorthernecho/ne...n6kPOhsiT_kBi4
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Was going to post its London Southend theyre looking at but the article above beat me to it.
Old 26 Jul 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Oh aye, TNE, it's only the paper I buy a few times a week for me da like (ehhh, d'yer kna!). Forgot ma mentioned it, I meant to read the article.

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Was going to post its London Southend theyre looking at but the article above beat me to it.
That's canny for visiting friends in Shoeburyness, not so good for LGW at 66 miles away.
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are flying to Orlando from there next may.
I hope they get rid of the stupid lounge charge by then.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Way Hay! - Good old Teesside. I am tempted to go and take a picture of the new sign next time I go to Darlo!

I hope they can get Ryanair and Easyjet in and Jet2 for next summer. Would be great to fly to popular airports in Europe (Palma, Dublin, etc).

Not planning on going back to Florida anytime soon, but would look to use Teesside to fly to New York via AMS. The only thing is return flight must tie in with trip back to Teesside or it defeats the time saving and makes the journey too long.

Here's hoping for success!
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
We are flying to Orlando from there next may.
I hope they get rid of the stupid lounge charge by then.
Orlando from Teesside whos that with ?

or indirect via amsterdam?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Orlando from Teesside whos that with ?

or indirect via amsterdam?
As far as I know it will be KLM and Delta who fly from Amsterdam? We flew that route in 2018, so much nicer than driving to Manchester, and less time too.

I am hoping KLM put on a few more flights as that would help with passengers using it to get to Amsterdam and onto a long haul flight. with only two a day at present (as far as I know) that leaves big gaps to get home if you land hours away from flight back to Teesside.
Old 5 Aug 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by markiemark90 View Post
As far as I know it will be KLM and Delta who fly from Amsterdam? We flew that route in 2018, so much nicer than driving to Manchester, and less time too.

I am hoping KLM put on a few more flights as that would help with passengers using it to get to Amsterdam and onto a long haul flight. with only two a day at present (as far as I know) that leaves big gaps to get home if you land hours away from flight back to Teesside.
Hiya MM - I like threads along this line, you can share opinions/ideas. Glad A'dam worked for you; my bro/sil did that from Birmingham to their ultimate Ft Myers airport, with 2 changes, and hated it, it was so long, the return was hideous having to hang around A'dm awaiting their flight to Brum, never again. My personal view, and in no way am I trying to put others off, the idea of going East to ultimately fly back West doesn't rock my boat, but I think it's brilliant if it works for others and, hopefully, it brings more business to Teesside.