Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Mar 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Do you think they will even start this year Tom?
Difficult one to answer. They could have loads of gear and equipment all stacked up at some holding area ready to swoop on the Resort.

I suspect not though. We are there in a few weeks so I will tap up somebody we know well and see if he knows. My view is don't expect one room to be done this side of Xmas.
When it does get underway though and the first teething problems are overcome it will flow nicely.

Here's my prediction when rolling, 2 to 3 x blocks completed every 4 months. Certainly would be if I was Site Agent!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 07:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Difficult one to answer. They could have loads of gear and equipment all stacked up at some holding area ready to swoop on the Resort.

I suspect not though. We are there in a few weeks so I will tap up somebody we know well and see if he knows. My view is don't expect one room to be done this side of Xmas.
When it does get underway though and the first teething problems are overcome it will flow nicely.

Here's my prediction when rolling, 2 to 3 x blocks completed every 4 months. Certainly would be if I was Site Agent!
Thanks Tom, let us know if you manage to find anything out.
Old 27 Mar 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I don't have your construction experience but I've thought very similar myself.

Maybe contact member services and ask to be put in the test room- then you could give us a very detailed review of what they are doing lol.

Edited at 01:10 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I don't have your construction experience but I've thought very similar myself.

Maybe contact member services and ask to be put in the test room- then you could give us a very detailed review of what they are doing lol.
No thank you. I'm pretty sure they are located in The Carousel. Last place I want to stay.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

No thank you. I'm pretty sure they are located in The Carousel. Last place I want to stay.
Out of interest, where do you usually stay? I've requested the Grandstand for our upcoming trip.
Old 27 Mar 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Out of interest, where do you usually stay? I've requested the Grandstand for our upcoming trip.
We always stay at Congress park. That's why we had to buy an extra 100 Points a few years ago when they introduced preferred areas.

Bear in mind our Children are in their 30's so we like peace and quiet and the small pool at Congress is perfect. Most families don't use it as it isn't zero entry so not really suitable for very young ones.

Old 27 Mar 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We always stay at Congress park. That's why we had to buy an extra 100 Points a few years ago when they introduced preferred areas.

Bear in mind our Children are in their 30's so we like peace and quiet and the small pool at Congress is perfect. Most families don't use it as it isn't zero entry so not really suitable for very young ones.
Thanks. That would have been my preference due to proximity to DS but I wasn't prepared to spend more points, need to save them for next year!

I'm hoping we get the Grandstand, I like the look of the splash area for DD and the fact it's close to the main areas. Fingers crossed!
Old 27 Mar 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks. That would have been my preference due to proximity to DS but I wasn't prepared to spend more points, need to save them for next year!

I'm hoping we get the Grandstand, I like the look of the splash area for DD and the fact it's close to the main areas. Fingers crossed!
It is a nice area. Away from the busy Springs, quieter than the Paddocks and a lovely pool.
Some of the better views as well albeit not the lake Congress has.
There again how much time are all of us in the room looking at the view? Not much I suspect.

Congress if they go by age will be the first to be renovated as they were the first rooms opened. Time will tell.

Old 28 Mar 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It is a nice area. Away from the busy Springs, quieter than the Paddocks and a lovely pool.
Some of the better views as well albeit not the lake Congress has.
There again how much time are all of us in the room looking at the view? Not much I suspect.

Congress if they go by age will be the first to be renovated as they were the first rooms opened. Time will tell.
Sounds good! You’re right though, none of us really spend much time in our rooms, it’s more about location.

I have to admit though, I am a little nervous about getting a bad room. I’ve read a few reviews of people’s recent experiences... Huge rip in the sofa, doors hanging off etc... we’re only there for 6 nights and then we move to Copper Creek so it won’t be the end of the world.

You haven’t noticed anything bad during your stays though have you? And you practically live there! 😂
Old 28 Mar 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Sounds good! You’re right though, none of us really spend much time in our rooms, it’s more about location.

I have to admit though, I am a little nervous about getting a bad room. I’ve read a few reviews of people’s recent experiences... Huge rip in the sofa, doors hanging off etc... we’re only there for 6 nights and then we move to Copper Creek so it won’t be the end of the world.

You haven’t noticed anything bad during your stays though have you? And you practically live there! 😂
OK. Lets be brutally honest it is looking tired internally. Walls get chunks knocked out of them, handles get loose on drawers, paint gets faded etc.

We have never had a room though that was in such a condition that we felt we needed to move.
If I did experience the concerns you have mentioned I would be back at Reception within 10 mins flat and ask for a room change.

My view is I want what I pay for - nothing more and nothing less.

As an aside have you seen the pictures of renovated rooms in AKL yet? they are coming along well.

Trouble is you are damned if you do and damned if you dont. I suspect SSR like OKW will go for 'wooden' floors. Of course they wont be top quality wood but laminate. That marks badly if you aren't careful especially with suitcase wheels that may be damaged etc.

Be interesting to see those floors after 6 or 12 months.

I'm sure you will be fine with the location and room. If not be firm and ask for a swap.

We never take the luggage out of the car and up to the room until we have inspected it! Plus my Wife checks the view meets her requirements. I learnt the hard way not to cart everything up to the room only to cart it back down again as we head to Reception.

Edited at 10:01 AM.