Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 26 Dec 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Have to say 5 of us watched it today, age range 15-71 and we all said it was ok!

I was very disappointed and definitely wouldn’t bother watching it again!
Old 26 Dec 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We (DD and I) both loved it. We both loved all the nods to the original (Jane walking past, the penguins, the bird lady on the steps etc).
I got a lovely book for Xmas too - with the background stories to everything Poppins related - some great artwork.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 11:02 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We absolutely loved it, perfect with all the small details playing tribute to the original. It had me crying quite a few times.

Thought Emily Blunt did a good job as Mary Poppins, loved Lin-Manuel Miranda as Jack. Thought the story was lovely and true to the original. We loved the lamp lighter section. Didn’t expect to enjoy the music as we felt the Sherman’s music in the original couldn’t be matched, but actually really loved the music. Definitely a wonderful Disney film, I could say it’s practically perfect in every way 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We all loved it! Even DH who usually falls asleep if he is disinterested in a film 😀
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We are off to see it tomorrow, really looking forward to it
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We watched it at Disney Springs on Christmas Eve. We all enjoyed it (3 generations) but loved the original best. We all commented on there not being a catchy memorable song and were hoping there’d be one of the old songs in there.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Well we saw it today and I was a bit unsure whether I’d like it but it was absolutely fantastic.

It brought back a lot of memories from childhood watching the original film - for instance lying upside down on our settee with my head on the floor and looking at the room the other way up, borrowing my mums hat and throwing it onto the hook of our side lights to see if it caught! Looking at my dads umbrella and pretending there was a bird on the end.

Trying to jump and kick my heels together before landing - I could never quite manage it!

I liked the animation - the scene in the original where they jump into the chalk drawings was a favourite of mine and this update worked brilliantly.

Emily blunt was great in the role.

I actually came out buzzing and really want to see it again.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We also went to see it this afternoon and wasn't sure how I'd feel after reading some people not rating it but was still looking forward to it, well I loved it and its first film in a long tume my daughter has sat still throughout, I liked the nods to original, thought emily blunt was very good, loved the songs especially trip a little light fantastic, that's gonna stick in my head.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We eventually got to watch this yesterday - we all loved it! Ages 3,17,36 and 39. I loved that they stuck to the original theme (cartoon characters and stuff). X
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We also went to see it this afternoon and wasn't sure how I'd feel after reading some people not rating it but was still looking forward to it, well I loved it and its first film in a long tume my daughter has sat still throughout, I liked the nods to original, thought emily blunt was very good, loved the songs especially trip a little light fantastic, that's gonna stick in my head.
I’m surprised by people saying the songs aren’t catchy.
I love Trip a Little Light Fantastic!
I’ve had the soundtrack on this morning and I love it!
I feel like I’m wandering down main street!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List