Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Jan 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile Some new SSR refurb studios photos

This is looking better and better to me.
Old 4 Jan 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Very nice!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

that looks fab
skstorm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. Well done on finding these pictures.

Some thoughts from us.

Love the pull down bed, so much better than that god awful sofa bed. Should have padded corners. Mmm, going to the loo in the dark will lead to some shin pain! Looks like there is a light switch on the left hand side of it, if so that is very good.

Rooms look more up to date without losing the theme of the Resort.

Pictures are so much better than that old fashioned one currently there.

Please tell me that bed headboard isn't padded - just yuk if it is. How unhygenic. If it is we will be putting towels over it as I wont put my head on that whilst reading.

Wooden Flooring. That will be interesting and will show the standard of their cleaning. No hiding from dust now ladies.

What donut decided to put dark wall tiles in a bathroom with no natural light. Come on we all know that wall tiles need to be as light as possible to give a room a bigger feel and not make it dark and depressing.
Sad to see they have those soap dispensers. Mmm, sit in the bath and I cannot see how you can reach the soap behind you!
Doesn't worry us as we take our own anyhow.

However. A huge improvement and time will tell how it stands up to the constant wear and tear. But scratched and damaged wooden flooring is going to be the killer I feel.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. Well done on finding these pictures.

Some thoughts from us.

Love the pull down bed, so much better than that god awful sofa bed.

Rooms look more up to date without losing the theme of the Resort.

Pictures are so much better than that old fashioned one currently there.

Please tell me that bed headboard isn't padded - just yuk if it is. How unhygenic. If it is we will be putting towels over it as I wont put my head on that whilst reading.

Wooden Flooring. That will be interesting and will show the standard of their cleaning. No hiding from dust now ladies.

What donut decided to put dark wall tiles in a bathroom with no natural light. Come on we all know that wall tiles need to be as light as possible to give a room a bigger feel and not make it dark and depressing.

However. A huge improvement and time will tell how it stands up to the constant wear and tear. But scratched and damaged wooden flooring is going to be the killer I feel.
I think the floor will be OK Tom, I suspect it will be the same stuff as is down in BWV etc which seemed to be holding up fine, seems pretty robust.

I hear you on the bathroom colour, but it does look very nice doesn’t it?

Like you I think it has retained the Victorian feel of SSR. It’s gone seriously up market though, a bit like a VGF don’t you think.

When are you next over? I think they have people staying in the test rooms now, maybe email the manager.

No one is better qualified to assess an SSR room!

Edited at 09:09 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

When does this refurb start/end? Looks lovely
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think the floor will be OK Tom, I suspect it will be the same stuff as is down in BWV etc which seemed to be holding up fine, seems pretty robust.

I hear you on the bathroom colour, but it does look very nice doesn’t it?

Like you I think it has retained the Victorian feel of SSR. It’s gone seriously up market though, a bit like a VGF don’t you think.

When are you next over? I think they have people staying in the test rooms now, maybe email the manager.

No one is better qualified to assess an SSR room!
YT. I have added a bit to my post.

Oh I agree they are a massive improvement on what is there now. I feel that the original concept was very badly designed and this puts it firmly in the category it should be.

Although we are in Florida in early March we are in a Dibb Villa. However we are in SSR in May then again in the Summer and Autumn.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. I have added a bit to my post.

Oh I agree they are a massive improvement on what is there now. I feel that the original concept was very badly designed and this puts it firmly in the category it should be.

Although we are in Florida in early March we are in a Dibb Villa. However we are in SSR in May then again in the Summer and Autumn.
Just out of curiosity when was your last villa stay? You are hardcore Disney/SSR so wonder how this hol will compare - you may love it? !
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
When does this refurb start/end? Looks lovely
It was meant to start 2018 originally, don’t think it has, so hopefully soon. OKW though was put back about 9 months. I think it will take about 2 years to finish, resort is almost twice the size of OKW.
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Just out of curiosity when was your last villa stay? You are hardcore Disney/SSR so wonder how this hol will compare - you may love it? !
Never! Since 1976 I have always done Motels/Hotels and since 2004 just Disney with 99% being in SSR.

Looking forward to it plus others on here have stayed in the Villa we picked.