Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
Lots of nom nom 😁
I laughed like a drain at that post will you be the official summariser please, any time I spend 500 words and 6 daft pictures describing an indifferent taco please bring it back down to earth

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Sounds like it's been a pretty difficult time, hope you both have a good break.

You could still venture to Disney Springs and citywalk, but the beauty of being offsite is that there are lots of great restaurants to choose from.

While it's not quite the trip you thought it would be, I'm sure you will enjoy yourselves.
Thank you, we'll probably go with all out Orlando without the tyrrany of the dining plan So many DIBB favourites we've never been to and better value too of course - off to the coupon threads!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm sorry the original plans fell through but you still get to go to Orlando! I've heard Busch Gardens is fab and there's plenty of rides to go on! I look forward to the revised plans and hopefully there'll be a few restaurants we plan to go to also xx
I went to Busch Gardens as a child and had a rather unsettling experience that I'll overshare later (what is it with these teasers!). DD not that keen to go so I'm not sure I'll be able to drag her up there with the long drive. Revised plans to follow and open to ideas

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Glad things are settling down, and you now have some new plans to get in place. Looking forward to see where you decide to eat.
That part of the re-planning is going to make this weekend an enjoyable one Trying to work out the best way to relax without getting so relaxed that I agree to let DW go to the Premium Outlets unaccompanied

Cheers all
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 08:41 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

We have just returned from a couple of nights at Marriott Grande Vista. Try and get a room overlooking the main pool if you can. Entertainment at the other pool can be a little intrusive! Hotel was lovely apart from that. Enjoy
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Glad to see you’re still going, even if it’s with a completely different plan. Some great rides at seaworld and Busch gardens (we love cheetah hunt). As you say it’s a chance to try out a lot of the offsite Dibb favourites. Can’t really offer any suggestions as we’ve only been once and that was nearly all on site. The only place we tried was a Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way to Busch. Happy replanning
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

You’ll still have a great time.
We spent a fair bit of time at SeaWorld last year and because we did we loved it more.
Our last visit we had just done one day and I really didn’t enjoy it.
Go early when it’s quieter, ds loved that we could do back to back rides on Atlantis with no line. Buy a refillable mug, we thought this was a really good investment.
There are loads of places to eat offsite that are really good and varied prices. We enjoyed Bahama Breeze, maggianos and Joe’s Crab Shack to name a few.
Old 6 Apr 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jannyjan View Post
We have just returned from a couple of nights at Marriott Grande Vista. Try and get a room overlooking the main pool if you can. Entertainment at the other pool can be a little intrusive! Hotel was lovely apart from that. Enjoy
thanks for the tip, that's really handy. We're still on no charge cancellation terms having booked it in a rush - do you think we should stick with it or look for an alternative Is the pool area nice? Relaxing?

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Glad to see you’re still going, even if it’s with a completely different plan. Some great rides at seaworld and Busch gardens (we love cheetah hunt). As you say it’s a chance to try out a lot of the offsite Dibb favourites. Can’t really offer any suggestions as we’ve only been once and that was nearly all on site. The only place we tried was a Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way to Busch. Happy replanning
Love Cracker Barrel and there is one near to the hotel so that's an option. Busch Gardens would just be me so while I'd like to go I'll decide when we're there if I want to go enough to drive up there alone. Entirely possible that after a first day of Harry Porker and the Prisoner of Vineland Outlets that I'll be up there no danger

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
You’ll still have a great time.
We spent a fair bit of time at SeaWorld last year and because we did we loved it more.
Our last visit we had just done one day and I really didn’t enjoy it.
Go early when it’s quieter, ds loved that we could do back to back rides on Atlantis with no line. Buy a refillable mug, we thought this was a really good investment.
There are loads of places to eat offsite that are really good and varied prices. We enjoyed Bahama Breeze, maggianos and Joe’s Crab Shack to name a few.
Looking forward to Aquatica as well it's supposed to be good AND relatively quiet which would be nice for some lazy river action Cheers for the tip on the refillable mug, will have to check that out Already have a growing list of places to eat, Bahama Breeze we always plan and don't make it to so I'll try the opposite this time like a bit of Joe's Crab Shack too

Restaurant updates to follow tomorrow, maybe a bit more Harry if I can get him out of the pub
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
thanks for the tip, that's really handy. We're still on no charge cancellation terms having booked it in a rush - do you think we should stick with it or look for an alternative Is the pool area nice? Relaxing?

Love Cracker Barrel and there is one near to the hotel so that's an option. Busch Gardens would just be me so while I'd like to go I'll decide when we're there if I want to go enough to drive up there alone. Entirely possible that after a first day of Harry Porker and the Prisoner of Vineland Outlets that I'll be up there no danger

Looking forward to Aquatica as well it's supposed to be good AND relatively quiet which would be nice for some lazy river action Cheers for the tip on the refillable mug, will have to check that out Already have a growing list of places to eat, Bahama Breeze we always plan and don't make it to so I'll try the opposite this time like a bit of Joe's Crab Shack too

Restaurant updates to follow tomorrow, maybe a bit more Harry if I can get him out of the pub
It's a big resort with a fair bit of organised entertainment for kids and adults. I did none of this as it's my idea of hell. Restaurants didn't look particularly appealing but we, as you, would not eat there anyway. Room was lovely, a good size with comfy furnishings. Pools are big with plenty of beds but busy as loads of kids. Beach area and beds was much quieter. Depends how much time you are planning to spend there at the hotel but it is a bit like a very upmarket Butlins. Maybe do a bit more research. Of course, others may disagree. 😜
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Mobile

It's a big resort with a fair bit of organised entertainment for kids and adults. I did none of this as it's my idea of hell. Restaurants didn't look particularly appealing but we, as you, would not eat there anyway. Room was lovely, a good size with comfy furnishings. Pools are big with plenty of beds but busy as loads of kids. Beach area and beds was much quieter. Depends how much time you are planning to spend there at the hotel but it is a bit like a very upmarket Butlins. Maybe do a bit more research. Of course, others may disagree. 😜
Thank you, that's really helpful as a description and it does worry me a little. Will look for possible alternatives Would like somewhere with a good bar in the hotel or walking distance too
Old 7 Apr 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

Take a look at Bohemian Hotel in Celebration. Great setting on the lake. Sitting out on the deck with a drink in your is a good way to pass an hour or two. Also plenty of restaurants in walking distance.
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Mobile

Take a look at Bohemian Hotel in Celebration. Great setting on the lake. Sitting out on the deck with a drink in your is a good way to pass an hour or two. Also plenty of restaurants in walking distance.
Ooh yes, now you're talking, I liked the look of that although with late booking it's more than I want to pay. DW anyway ruled it out because she doesn't like square pools (?)

We've been going through our bickering based shortlisting process pretty much most of the weekend, currently have 3 on hold and hopefully nearing a decision!

Edited at 11:50 AM.
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s always hard to pick somewhere new to stay, I often look and then we end up going somewhere we’ve been before!
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List