Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jan 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My favourite ride anywhere at the moment is The Hulk, love all things Harry Potter particularly the queues for Forbidden Journey and the Banking Hall for Gringotts.
If you’re happy to splash out a bit more cash The Blue Man Group show is brilliant, but you can get much better deals if you buy in advance.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EcosseDibb
Getting Excited

...I can't believe no one has mentioned this already - you loved the Tikki Rooms?!?!

Universal Parks are great, we love them. Lots of simulator type rides, but we don't mind these (apart from The Simpsons - it's the only ride we don't do now as it makes us all feel sick). The traditional rides are all very good also, The Mummy, Hulk, HP rides etc, all well worth doing.

Not sure if you have kids or how old they are, but the Curios George area is a water play area that younger kids will love. We used to take the kids swimming stuff and let them get changed and play here for a while and we just relaxed and re-charged the batteries.

CityWalk has LOADS of restaurants too that are well worth checking out if you don't fancy the trip down to I Drive one night, also a Cinema for any wet days/nights if you don't fancy getting soaked. There's a crazy golf at Citywalk too, but it's quite pricey.

Volcano Bay is a good water park for all ages as well, so definitely worth a visit as it's included on your tickets anyway. More suited to teenage or older, but still plenty for the younger ones to do.

Definitely do the water rides, they are very good but do make it the last thing before you head back to the hotel as others have said, or take a change of clothes!
EcosseDibb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EcosseDibb View Post
...I can't believe no one has mentioned this already - you loved the Tikki Rooms?!?!

Universal Parks are great, we love them. Lots of simulator type rides, but we don't mind these (apart from The Simpsons - it's the only ride we don't do now as it makes us all feel sick). The traditional rides are all very good also, The Mummy, Hulk, HP rides etc, all well worth doing.

Not sure if you have kids or how old they are, but the Curios George area is a water play area that younger kids will love. We used to take the kids swimming stuff and let them get changed and play here for a while and we just relaxed and re-charged the batteries.

CityWalk has LOADS of restaurants too that are well worth checking out if you don't fancy the trip down to I Drive one night, also a Cinema for any wet days/nights if you don't fancy getting soaked. There's a crazy golf at Citywalk too, but it's quite pricey.

Volcano Bay is a good water park for all ages as well, so definitely worth a visit as it's included on your tickets anyway. More suited to teenage or older, but still plenty for the younger ones to do.

Definitely do the water rides, they are very good but do make it the last thing before you head back to the hotel as others have said, or take a change of clothes!
Hey! Curious George definitely isn't just for the kids

I love the ball factory behind too... Also good for the adults if you manage to sneak in on a day there aren't any kids about lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Meeting Spider-Man. When my boys were little he made such a fuss of them. My youngest kept trying to get him turn over his hand so he could find where his web came from. By far the best meet and greet we’ve done.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EcosseDibb View Post
What's not to like? I love all of the silly Disney stuff and the Tiki Rooms are old skool Disney at it's best. I'm guessing it's been there for decades!

We like to use this type of attraction to catch our breath and grab some time in the shade. We love the shows at WDW (Laughter Floor, Fantasmic, Tough to be a Bug, Indiana Jones etc.)

Don't question the Tiki Tiki Tiki Rooms!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We done 10 nights at universal in dec, i love the pace of universal, the street shows are fantastic! Such as beat builders, the harry potter shows are fantastic too! Also its worth looking at the other resorts, unlike disney you are aloud to pool hop x
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Standing on the wooden bridge at the bottom of dudley do-right's ripsaw falls and using the water cannons on the bridge to shot people just when they think their not going to get any wetter
People watching on the stairs opposite Florean Fortescue's and having a ice cream.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Lard lad donut, the hugest, yummiest treat, in the Simpsons area. Also Voodoo doughnuts just outside the park.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Not a hidden gem per se, but have you seen blue Man group?

It was an add on for us. Swapped out a meal at bubba's for evening at BMG and a meal at panda express. Still came out quids in. Can also get a bmg and dine discount at hard rock I think. It's a set menu though so check.

Not a universal point exactly, but if you have a car you aren't far from Teak relatively speaking, or yellow dog eats. We like to eat out that way when staying at universal rather than driving up from the villa.

Edited at 08:40 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Single rider queue can be really worth doing esp for things like MIB and transformers. You queue together it's just the ride where you are with strangers.
When younger my kids would go round once with us and then a second time single rider as they knew what's coming. Each family is different but ours did single rider from about 9/10. I wouldn't let them go alone into the queue though at that age so two would queue together, but ride singly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List