Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile Aer Lingus lost baggage again!

For the second time in 14 days aer Lingus has lost my baggage😡. I actually don’t know if I should laugh or cry! Probably due to lack of sleep it will be the latter! I know it can happen with any airline but really, the same case! I’ve only had it back 11 days since the last fiasco of trying to get it back!
Apparently, according to both Orlando and Edinburgh ground staff it’s not at all usual, aer Lingus think they are above tracking bags so they can’t even tell where it is until it turns up ( took nearly 3 days at the start of the holiday)!
I’m definitely not flying with them again, bottom of the list for aer Lingus!
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Its the same baggage handlers regardless of airline. Nothing to do with AL. They are far and away the best carrier to the US.
Why would you not fly with them again give this is absolutely nothing to do with them?
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Its the same baggage handlers regardless of airline. Nothing to do with AL. They are far and away the best carrier to the US.
Why would you not fly with them again give this is absolutely nothing to do with them?
I’m sorry but I totally disagree. I’ve found them very frustrating. They don’t track their baggage like other airlines. The ground staff company is different in Orlando to Edinburgh and they both mentioned that Aer Lingus bags are a nightmare to track. I found Dublin airport very limiting in what was available past security.
Both times online check in didn’t work properly. Outbound the seats I selected where changes and DH and I were split up. The return flight I couldn’t get boarding passes for the connection and ended up in different seats to what I had selected.
Outbound flight had minimal drinks rounds and the amount of water at the meal was pitiful (86mls! )
The cabin crew have no awareness of their own space and continually bumpers into me sleeping ( I was well within my seat limits, I saw them do it all the way down the plane, not just to me!) Cabin crew were verging on rude at times when asked for extra drinks or milk with coffee.
I certainly rank them well below any other carrier to US. I have flown Continental, united, US airways, Delta, American,virgin, BA, air canada rouge. Aer Lingus is an experience I do not want to repeat, their bag tracking system has everything to do with them!
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
I’m sorry but I totally disagree. I’ve found them very frustrating. They don’t track their baggage like other airlines. The ground staff company is different in Orlando to Edinburgh and they both mentioned that Aer Lingus bags are a nightmare to track. I found Dublin airport very limiting in what was available past security.
Both times online check in didn’t work properly. Outbound the seats I selected where changes and DH and I were split up. The return flight I couldn’t get boarding passes for the connection and ended up in different seats to what I had selected.
Outbound flight had minimal drinks rounds and the amount of water at the meal was pitiful (86mls! )
The cabin crew have no awareness of their own space and continually bumpers into me sleeping ( I was well within my seat limits, I saw them do it all the way down the plane, not just to me!) Cabin crew were verging on rude at times when asked for extra drinks or milk with coffee.
I certainly rank them well below any other carrier to US. I have flown Continental, united, US airways, Delta, American,virgin, BA, air canada rouge. Aer Lingus is an experience I do not want to repeat, their bag tracking system has everything to do with them!
I guess you have a bad experience.
We use them once or twice per year to the US and have only had one issue with a lost bag on the way home. It arrived at our door ay 10pm the day we got home.
I find their service much better than the likes of Virgin (which I also use regularly when I can't get an AL flight I like). I think that many on here would agree with this judging by the many AL threads.

The bag tracking is all done by the same company and the airline just use this tracking.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I guess you have a bad experience.
We use them once or twice per year to the US and have only had one issue with a lost bag on the way home. It arrived at our door ay 10pm the day we got home.
I find their service much better than the likes of Virgin (which I also use regularly when I can't get an AL flight I like). I think that many on here would agree with this judging by the many AL threads.

The bag tracking is all done by the same company and the airline just use this tracking.
Perhaps it is a bad experience, I’ve never had a lost bag and done multiple connections on my way to Orlando via a variety of different airports. Ive got no idea how it works but when 2 different sets of ground crew express frustration when they hear it is an aer Lingus bag I can’t really argue. It appears from what they say that bags are tracked in a different way and aer Lingus “don’t tack/scan their bags” so neither ground crew could tell where the bag was or were it went missing.
Maybe I’ve had a bad experience but I certainly haven’t found the customer service good either on the flight or dealing with check in/baggage issues.
Old 4 Oct 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've just now got home and my bag went missing somewhere in Dublin and never made it to Bristol with me.
I'm not worried it's only dirty clothes but can see how frustrating it would be to have that happen on the way out
I wonder if you and I were on the same flight?

Edited at 06:58 PM.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
I've just now got home and my bag went missing somewhere in Dublin and never made it to Bristol with me.
I'm not worried it's only dirty clothes but can see how frustrating it would be to have that happen on the way out
I wonder if you and I were on the same flight?
Happened on the way out and on the way back, I didn’t have anything to wear for the first 2 days!
Yeah, we must have been on the same flight Orlando to Dublin! flight left Orlando 3rd October at about 10:45pm?
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Happened on the way out and on the way back, I didn’t have anything to wear for the first 2 days!
Yeah, we must have been on the same flight Orlando to Dublin! flight left Orlando 3rd October at about 10:45pm?
Yes same flight! I wonder if they lost all connecting passengers bags on that one? Mine isn't actually lost it 'failed to make transfer'. They had nearly three hours to do it
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Yes same flight! I wonder if they lost all connecting passengers bags on that one? Mine isn't actually lost it 'failed to make transfer'. They had nearly three hours to do it
Our other 2 hold bags made it just the one that got lost last time didn’t! we had a short transfer time but all had tags on to say that.
They can’t tell me where my bag is! If it’s in Orlando I won’t get it back for a few days if it’s in Dublin I’m hopeful for tomorrow! I’ve always got visions of it kicked in a corner somewhere never to be found!
I hope you get your bag back soon as well😊
The flight wasn’t too bad for a night flight, what did you think?
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think it may have been you were just very unfortunate! We have flown with them to Orlando many times and never had any issues they are our preferred airline. Hope it turns up very soon.