Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Jan 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie1981
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following with interest 😁

HOLIDAY INN 2007
GRANDE VILLAS LBV 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019
WINDSOR HILLS 2018
ROSEN INN POINTE MARCH, OCT 2023
minnie1981 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Finally got round to booking mine today, end Oct for 2 weeks £88. Official valet parking North terminal. I'm happy with that price.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I too love Maple Manor and have been using them since, I think, 2012. I've just replied to another similar post but remembered this small thing after I'd posted. We went for Christmas in 2012 and was the first time we'd used them. As you can imagine Gatwick in early January is slightly cooler than Florida! When the driver returned our car he'd already turned all the heated seats on for us, so they were nice and warm. Nice touch and attention to detail.
BTW Tom, great idea to review your dashcam, that's never occurred to me!

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Used Maple Manor a few years ago and it was over a few very hot few weeks of the year. They left the windows open on the car and we had some very heavy rainstorms. The car was returned with footwells full of water. Dashboard electrics all ruined.

Maple Manor refused point blank to accept any responsibility saying there must have been a leak in the vehicle (which there wasn't).

When things go well they are very good but when things go wrong they will suddenly become very difficult and refuse to take any responsibility.

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Valet parking direct with Gatwick £96. Not double
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Valet parking direct with Gatwick £96. Not double
I booked last month my dates are mid August, flyaway parking quote was £60 meet and greet, same thing direct gatwick was £119 so yes it was double which is why I said it was double...
Obviously these prices go up and down all the time, I searched the other day and what I've already got from flyaway was £84. 🤷
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Quick update for those watching with interest 😏
I called flyaway, they have my booking no problem there. Like I said I've used them before, they are not suit wearing professionals they are working class folk, I wouldn't expect bells and whistles, I told her about reports online she said they pay her a month in arrears as standard with most companies in trade, she had just been paid for December and said that they are unproffesional and a pain to work with but no indication to her that company was folding or anything. I called comparetheairportparking and told him about the reports online, he sounded a bit clueless in all honesty! Said that a parking company had gone bust and a lot of people flying from Manchester had problems because of it and took to the internet but there wasn't a lot he could do... now a big company would inform customers straight away and rearrange, I get the impression this guy has scraps of paper with people's details on!
But he has my booking and so does flyaway I will call the week before we fly as I always do, and I will keep an eye on the situation!

Like a few of you have said on here, some love the manor and some have had a bad experience, same with most companies surely it's just luck of the draw. Now I don't want any problems, I do my homework and I always check again before we go, I wouldn't want to be stranded in London having to hire a car or catch train because car been stolen but these things are rare and my car could be stolen tonight off my drive! And of course all things are relative, if my income was such that I could afford to pay silly money In sure i would. If i drove a Bentley I'm sure i definitely would but we're driving a 2012 astra that's seen better days 🤣
Paying double for parking for peace of mind doesn't apply, I had peace of mind 😀 don't sweat the small stuff. I could have paid double for insurance and could have paid for signed postage on park tickets for peace of mind... trouble is all the peace of mind payments add up to us not affording other things!

Hey, if it goes wrong I'll let u all know and take my 'told you so' be quite annoyed... then book something else and get on with it, I'd still use the little man again tbh nothing would change!

Edited at 11:03 PM.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List