Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 29 Dec 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Bros

Well I thought I would watch it as I had been a fan. Well it is very sad to see how broken their relationship appears to be
Old 30 Dec 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I went to the premier of the film and met the boys. I just think any family has their issues, adding in the pressure of the 02 show and it's a recipe for fire works. Good news is they are touring again next year.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I watched too as was a big fan. My favourite was always Matt but after watching it I really disliked him! Made me wonder why they bothered doing the concert really as neither of them seemed that they wanted to do it.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
I watched it and really felt for Luke , Matt bullied him so much . He spoke to Luke as though he really didn’t have a clue or it’s my way or no way . They seemed to work it out though in the end .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Never thought I’d enjoy this as much as I did! I was a fan too but I thought parts of it was a bit spinal tap or early Ricky Gervis! I wasn’t sure if the were joking or not in parts, but over all enjoyed it. I too thought Matt bullied luke a bit.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Matt was always my favourite but think Luke came off looking a much nicer person
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Fame really did a number on these two. They are very sad and serious men aren’t they? I used to imagine how Luke must have felt about his brother getting all the glory, now I know, and it’s not good. There are some pure comedy moments that did seem very mocumentary, but all in all I found it rather sad. I wasn’t a massive fan though, I was more of a Curiosity Killed the Cat kinda gal.

P.S Craig has been erased from history
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
Fame really did a number on these two. They are very sad and serious men aren’t they? I used to imagine how Luke must have felt about his brother getting all the glory, now I know, and it’s not good. There are some pure comedy moments that did seem very mocumentary, but all in all I found it rather sad. I wasn’t a massive fan though, I was more of a Curiosity Killed the Cat kinda gal.

P.S Craig has been erased from history
Fulwell 73 (the film makers)were very clear that the film was to be about Matt and Luke and their relationship as brothers not the pop band Bros as such.

There is an interview with Craig on the DVD though.

As a total Brosette, loved the film it made me cry, bringing back so many memories of my youth and a time when life was simplier.

The British Press did a pretty good hatchet job on the boys back in the 80's and are doing it again it seems, but as Luke says in the film he doesn't care, all he cares about is the fans and we have stuck with them for 30 years.

I think the fact that they never were the coolest band makes it all the more appealing.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

watched it last night with the mrs

couldn't initially decide of it was serious or not but now believe its just unintentionally hilarious

some of it was pure David Brent/Alan Partridge

my personal highlight being "I made a conscious decision because of Stevie Wonder to not be superstitious... "

the conkers rant was a classic as was the conversation area in Matts house..

mad as a box of frogs

shame Ken didnt feature mind...

Edited at 02:34 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Matt was always my favourite but think Luke came off looking a much nicer person
This was the same for me too, I didn’t think it showed Matt well.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List