Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Feb 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile Vienna Dream Castle

Hi, we have flights booked for October Half Term and have been looking at hotels ... I really wanted to stay at sequoia Park but it is coming out as quite expensive ! Has any stayed at the Viennna Dream Castle as I’ve found a good deal on Expedia and even with paying for park tickets it is coming out substantially less ! So any experiences would be great ... thanks xxx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lottie2004 View Post
Hi, we have flights booked for October Half Term and have been looking at hotels ... I really wanted to stay at sequoia Park but it is coming out as quite expensive ! Has any stayed at the Viennna Dream Castle as I’ve found a good deal on Expedia and even with paying for park tickets it is coming out substantially less ! So any experiences would be great ... thanks xxx
Last stayed about 5 years ago, it was absolutely fine. Nice, well equipped rooms and themed throughout. Breakfast can be a bit of a circus tho!
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve booked this hotel as a tag along to our stay at a Disney resort. My sister in law was raving about it last year, she loved it - the only negative I’ve heard is that breakfast can be chaotic.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I really liked my stay at the Dream Castle, no complaints at all from me .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

We stayed at Magic Circus so cant comment on the hotel... but worst thing about DLP for us in November was the busses to and from the parks. These were horrendous experiences especially with a pram. It is basically a free for all.

If you can stretch to stay onsite then I would say do that...
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

The shuttle buses are the single thing that puts me off ever staying in one of these hotels. We visited one a few years ago to meet up with some friends and even at an "off-peak" time we struggled to get on the bus it was a complete scrum and felt really unsafe. I dread to think what it's like in the mornings or after illuminations.

I'd rather stay in Val D'Europe and have the opportunity of using the train or even walking than staying in one of the partner hotels.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve heard some bad things about Vienna dream castle though I haven’t experienced it myself. I think the theming is fun for kids though.

It is either the second/third stop on the shuttle so may be difficult to use the shuttle buses, which do tend to be chaotic anyway.

I know it’s an unthemed option- but my favourite hotel for DLP is Hipark. It’s not expensive, it’s really clean and modern and comfortable and they also have a shuttle (which is a lot less busy then the partner hotels) but you can also just walk. It’s a pretty scenic under ten minute walk which will bring you into the Disney village by five guys, and the security checks there are always shorter then from the train station/bus stops.
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

you just get used to the scrum to be honest - and whilst I wouldn't relish those buses with babies/toddlers in buggies, I've done them loads with older children (ie from aged about 6 up). I have a system, child goes directly in front of me when we're getting on, with my hand firmly on their shoulder. This way I can guide them and keep hold of them. Its never let me down.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for all your comments ! We are still looking at all the options ... I will have a look at the Hipark ! xx
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
No experience but I prefer to stay in Val d’Europe where I am not reliant on shuttle buses. Loads of inexpensive hotels there and all a 5 minute journey on the RER which runs early and late.

Look at Elysee, Adagio, Hipark, Ibis, Ibis Budget...

The only one I have personal experience of is Elysee which is fine.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List