Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 5 Mar 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Michael Jackson documentary?

Hi all,

I’ve been watching GMTV (or whatever it’s now called!) this morning, and despite being a lifelong Michael Jackson fan, I now feel compelled to watch this ‘Leaving Neverland’ programme tomorrow night.

Although I firmly believe that whatever the programme says, I will remain a lifelong fan of Michael Jackson.

I loved watching him perform and love his music - and as I obviously never knew him as a person, is there anything wrong with continuing to love the performer he was, even if this documentary is so damning about him as a person?

I’ve always believed him innocent, and having read a bit about these ‘victims’, I do believe they (particularly Wade) are in it for the money. But equally, seeing the clips shown this morning, I can see why people would believe them, as I admit, a 40 year old man having sleepovers with children is strange to say the least (but then I don’t think MJ ever had a chance at a remotely normal life).

I have a feeling that after tomorrow night, more and more people will be calling for his music to be banned from the radio etc, and slating him - but I just feel sad for his family, and I know it’s wrong to say this, (if indeed the allegations are true), but I still love him for the performer he was, and I’m just sad that he’s not here to defend himself. ☹️

Anyone else have complicated feelings about this? I feel it’s wrong now to even say I loved him in light of these allegations - but as I say, I obviously never knew the man, but the performer - yes I did love him!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I LOVED Michael Jackson ,i believe he was one of the best performers ever!...I believe he had a abusive childhood and was a bit of a sad adult. However i do believe the allegations, sad as they are and will be watching the documentary.. You are not bad for wanting to watch!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I always believed he didn’t do anything but I was having a conversation with a friend a while ago and she said ‘so if he asked your kids to stay over would you let them?’ And I thought no I probably wouldn’t. So deep down I probably do think there is no smoke without fire. I try to separate his music from his private life.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
I always believed he didn’t do anything but I was having a conversation with a friend a while ago and she said ‘so if he asked your kids to stay over would you let them?’ And I thought no I probably wouldn’t. So deep down I probably do think there is no smoke without fire. I try to separate his music from his private life.
Actually you are right - because of the allegations and actually without them, I wouldn’t let my children do that, it’s just not normal - I guess that’s why I can’t comprehend any parent doing that - especially for 30+ nights in a row - why weren’t they parenting? ! - The documentary is saying the parents were ‘groomed’ too, infact according to the GMTV coverage this morning, it claims the whole world was ‘groomed’ by Michael Jackson - so perhaps me continuing to believe the best in him is part of that? Although it doesn’t feel that way to me!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm a life-long fan of Michael Jackson. I love his music and he was an amazing performer. One of these guys stood up in court and refuted the allegations. The truth will never be known and Mj is no longer here to defend himself.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think the parents of these children were very unwise to let them sleep over for an adault man. Regardless of who he was. But of course, they may have seen the potential to make money out of it. It may have been totally innocent of course.
Why bring this all up again after his death. He was obviously not a normal person, not his fault, but he’s not here to defend himself. He stood trial and was acquitted for other cases. Surely you would have come forward then to say you were a victim!
His music will live on, we saw him at Wembley and although not a big fan, the show was amazing. Let him rest in peace, he had little of that in life!
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I think the parents of these children were very unwise to let them sleep over for an adault man. Regardless of who he was. But of course, they may have seen the potential to make money out of it. It may have been totally innocent of course.
Why bring this all up again after his death. He was obviously not a normal person, not his fault, but he’s not here to defend himself. He stood trial and was acquitted for other cases. Surely you would have come forward then to say you were a victim!
His music will live on, we saw him at Wembley and although not a big fan, the show was amazing. Let him rest in peace, he had little of that in life!
This is exactly how I feel - his concerts were amazing! Some of the best days of my life. To end his story like this is very sad, especially for his children.
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Why bring this all up again after his death.
Money, what other reason could there be.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post

Dave
..Guilt,hate & closure
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post

Dave
Some people seek for the truth to be known.
If it was your adult child or someone you knew it may be seen differently than just being about money?

However the parents are most definitely complicit. Who would allow an adult to have sleepovers with their children
The maid has also come forward and suggested paedophilia, I don't know the 'truth' but feel the allegations are likely.
I like Jackson's music just like I enjoyed watching Jimmy Saville when I was a kid but that doesn't make it right whatever he did. Somehow society has accepted Saville as a bad man but cannot accept the same about Jackson. His power and identity means people don't want to believe which is each individuals choice. Where there can be doubt like in this case there are some people that will convince themselves that he didn't do it just like those who are convinced that he did do it.

This whole thing makes me feel uneasy as these are grown men that feel like they can speak out now and I feel they should be listened to respectfully.
I am sure people who have suffered childhood sexual abuse can relate to them coming out about it now being scared of the consequences of telling the truth of a situation like this is usually why victims choose not to come out or to come out in later life.

I feel sorry for any potential victims who are faced with criticism about revealing the truth.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List