Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Mar 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
panicdiva
slightly serious Dibber

best car for 6 adults & 6 bags

We are trying to find the best car to rent for 6 adults and 6 med/large suitcases.

we are thinking that the Chevy Suburban appears to be our best bet, without going to a 12 seater mini van.

Has anyone rented this for this amount of people/bags and found it ok?

or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

July 1980 Villa in Kissimmee May 1989 Honeymoon at Delta Court of Flags Oct 2002 Sheraton Vistana Villages April 2005 Windsor Palms July 2006 The Manor at Westhaven June/July 2011 Windsor Hills
panicdiva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

7 cases 4 hand luggage and a wedding dress box.
Fitted in a Suburban no issue's.
Enjoy
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by panicdiva View Post
We are trying to find the best car to rent for 6 adults and 6 med/large suitcases.

we are thinking that the Chevy Suburban appears to be our best bet, without going to a 12 seater mini van.

Has anyone rented this for this amount of people/bags and found it ok?

or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Now look here you haven't given us all of the information we need to help

You have told us how many bags you are taking out but not how many you are bringing back ! Don't forget the shopping you will be doing

Well don for being realistic about what you may have to get thoigh
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
therealnitr8
I want to go now!

I don't know if the rear bench in suburban is better than the tahoe, but we rented a tahoe for 6 adults and there was no leg room in the rear bench. We had to swap it for a mini-van on the first day, which is smaller on the outside but much larger on the inside.

Just get a mini-van, its not cool but it does the job better than the suvs.
therealnitr8 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by therealnitr8 View Post
I don't know if the rear bench in suburban is better than the tahoe, but we rented a tahoe for 6 adults and there was no leg room in the rear bench. We had to swap it for a mini-van on the first day, which is smaller on the outside but much larger on the inside.

Just get a mini-van, its not cool but it does the job better than the suvs.
Hi, when was this please? I have a Full Size SUV booked for next week. It will be just the 4 of us for 3 weeks, apart from a trip to AMI when there will be 6 of us (4A+2C)plus 4 cases! I am sure the children will be fine in the 3rd row but I am having doubts now whether the car (Tahoe or Expedition) will be big enough! I did contact Alamo at the time and they said it should be fine... famous last words..
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

The Suburban since 2015 has had 12 extra inches in rear seat (3rd row) so fine for adults.
I'm an ex rugby player and I had no issue's in 3rd row.
The 12 inches came at expense of even more cargo space.
The Experdition has 36 inches of rear legroom the Tahoe has 25 inches so if having a full size and using 3rd row for adults pick an Experdition its just a bigger Large SUV than the Tahoe.
The Tahoe wins on equipment but showing its age verses an all new competitor.
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

My advice is holiday makers could learn alot from the early part of this programme where some British holiday makers were optimistic about the capacity of their vehicle

Old 19 Mar 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
My advice is holiday makers could learn alot from the early part of this programme where some British holiday makers were optimistic about the capacity of their vehicle

That was great fun watching that. How much have we learnt? !

Question to ask is, ...

" Can you get 5 people and your holiday luggage in your Astra?"
Or
"Can you get 7 people and your holiday luggage in your Sorrento"?
(Barely enough for 2 shopping bags?)
No?
Then, Funnily enough. A car that seats the passengers in the US, won't either.

I know they do big, but jeez.

Also, a suitcase on a passengers knee for the airport trips is a seriously easy compromise for saving on a rental.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l

Edited at 10:53 PM.
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
panicdiva
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all of your replies. After a lot of investigating we realise that a 7 seater mini van will defo not hold 6 adults and 6 cases. But we are almost sure that the Chevy Suburban will, just. However, we have made the decision that if we get to the airport and discover that it won’t work, we will send one of our children and their partners in a taxi to the villa. That’s the worst scenario but not a disaster. We shall soon see. 👍🤷

July 1980 Villa in Kissimmee May 1989 Honeymoon at Delta Court of Flags Oct 2002 Sheraton Vistana Villages April 2005 Windsor Palms July 2006 The Manor at Westhaven June/July 2011 Windsor Hills
panicdiva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

In 2017 we hired a Toyota Sienna 8 seater van. 6 adults and a 14yr old. Put 1 of the back seats down for some of your suitcases
DFCH for my dates is priced at £432 which is a great price ..

Edited at 07:46 PM.
68nic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List