Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Mar 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney just too expensive?

We have been to Florida many times and last year was our first time without doing Disney and got to say we didn't miss it. We watch Tim and Jen Tracker regularly and are horrified at the prices of food and how busy the parks are. Will the Disney bubble burst or are they just very clever at what they do?

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been going for the last 30 years and after a 4 year break we went back last year. The prices of everything was horrendous. How families can afford it now is beyond me. They've got too greedy. It's just big business now. Walt would turn in his grave
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Im still in shock seeing how much the park tickets are now compared to just a couple of years ago! I still want to go again though...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

But attendance keeps going up. Parks are busier than ever. It may be that they price out some (either entirely, or the frequency / duration of their visit), but there are more who can afford it that are taking their place.

Not saying if it is right or wrong, just what I think is and will keep on happening.

For my family this means Disney will reduce in frequency. Planning a cheap trip next feb, Disney will be skipped. Not complaining, still more fortunate than most, but it is what it is.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The bubble has burst
It burst with us at halloween last year
Just so so expensive (we are a family of six) the counter food expensive and ghastly quality
We go again easter 2020 bit are doing universal and not Disney
To be fair now
My kids are a
Little older right now 10:9:7:7 they want the bigger coasters at Busch and islands
Of adventure

Edited at 08:46 AM.
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

I agree, this could well be our last trip, just can’t justify the price any more. Think I might have to get my disney kicks from Paris instead.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Like anything in life if there is a demand prices will reflect this . People have more disposable incomes and holidays are a big part of life now . Dh didn’t go abroad until he was 26 now kids go at 6 weeks. The world has changed but more and more people are just discovering Disney . They wouldn’t invest millions of they didn’t think they would get the return .
That said we are getting outpriced but disney has always been a luxury once in a lifetime holiday for many people , we are extremely fortunate to have been on multiple visits.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The parks are expensive for food etc if it wasn’t for free dining we would never stay onsite fingers crossed it continues
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If you can’t afford to ‘suck it up’ Disney frankly isn’t that interested in you, there’s currently others to take your place as mentioned above.
If a big recession hits America though it will suffer, then Disney will, temporarily at least, be bothered about everyone again.
And just wait until the rumoured paid for fastpasses come this summer...
Old 22 Mar 19, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It is so expensive now! We have had years when we have just done 1 day MK or 2 days, and no Disney at all a few times. We love Disney but also love the other less expensive parks. We love the natural side of a Florida holiday as well
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List