Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Mar 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

£250 for an annual Univeral pass including parking ...

We paid £1000 for a family of four for annual Univeral passes, been three times, incredible value and we have enjoyed every minute !

Killed Disney for us I am afraid.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I definatly think Disney is still a lot of people once in a lifetime trip.
Every time we go I instill in my kids that they’re very fortunate that we can take them yearly as we are a bigger family (four kids) and that a lot of people would be lucky to get a week in Spain (somewhere they haven’t been) as mine had started to see it as a natural right they had to go to America and not the provalidge that it is ( we have had a whole thing lately about what’s actually needed and what’s a privalidge)
Disney tickets are soo expensive now but in comparison I guess a weeks tickets to Alton towers would be expensive too
I just don’t get why a t shirts $50 and a horrible counter meals towards $20
I wish they also did re fillable
Cups in the parks
Unfortunatly Disney resorts don’t cater to a family of six that can’t be in two rooms really well
It’s notmally the mid range hotels that hike the prices into the double figure thousands and I just can’t justify it thats pay what’s left on the mortgage off over a couple of years
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We regret buying our disney annual passes but that won't happen again as apart from the ever increasing cost of everything at Disney always way above inflation year in year out, its far too busy for us to enjoy it.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We regret buying our disney annual passes but that won't happen again as apart from the ever increasing cost of everything at Disney always way above inflation year in year out, its far too busy for us to enjoy it.
I know we get a DVC discount but at £416.99 for the year it's a no brainer for us. Throw in free parking if we are offsite and it's awesome.

Take off a few blackout dates and it works out at circa £1.25p a day to park the car and enjoy a Park, not that anybody goes that often!

Florida Residents, and rightly so do have great deals.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

£416 for annual pass is good value.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I know we get a DVC discount but at £416.99 for the year it's a no brainer for us. Throw in free parking if we are offsite and it's awesome.

Take off a few blackout dates and it works out at circa £1.25p a day to park the car and enjoy a Park, not that anybody goes that often!

Florida Residents, and rightly so do have great deals.
I can't deny that is a good deal, and definitely worth it for you and Mrs Tom Morrow because you go to Florida a few times or so a year.

For us it's not just the cost of Disney but the crazy wait times for rides, getting the left overs of fast passes and how busy the parks are.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
I definatly think Disney is still a lot of people once in a lifetime trip.
Every time we go I instill in my kids that they’re very fortunate that we can take them yearly as we are a bigger family (four kids) and that a lot of people would be lucky to get a week in Spain (somewhere they haven’t been) as mine had started to see it as a natural right they had to go to America and not the provalidge that it is ( we have had a whole thing lately about what’s actually needed and what’s a privalidge)
Disney tickets are soo expensive now but in comparison I guess a weeks tickets to Alton towers would be expensive too
I just don’t get why a t shirts $50 and a horrible counter meals towards $20
I wish they also did re fillable
Cups in the parks
Unfortunatly Disney resorts don’t cater to a family of six that can’t be in two rooms really well
It’s notmally the mid range hotels that hike the prices into the double figure thousands and I just can’t justify it thats pay what’s left on the mortgage off over a couple of years
This ^^
I suspect many who think the park tickets are expensive haven’t priced up uk theme parks.
A 4 day myw ticket is probably around the same price as an Alton tower pass for overseas visitors , so the uk tick although expensive of you have been before is still actually really good value when you break it down ( think it’s £20 per day ) . Would you moan as much if you paid the daily rate instead of a lump ?
And then if it’s so expensive and disney are so greedy etc why do we a) not think about it when we are there and swept up in holiday mode and b) go back.
Just out of interest price up an all inclusive in Greece in Aug and then see if disney really is that expensive for what you get . I think you may be surprised .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
This ^^
I suspect many who think the park tickets are expensive haven’t priced up uk theme parks.
A 4 day myw ticket is probably around the same price as an Alton tower pass for overseas visitors , so the uk tick although expensive of you have been before is still actually really good value when you break it down ( think it’s £20 per day ) . Would you moan as much if you paid the daily rate instead of a lump ?
And then if it’s so expensive and disney are so greedy etc why do we a) not think about it when we are there and swept up in holiday mode and b) go back.
Just out of interest price up an all inclusive in Greece in Aug and then see if disney really is that expensive for what you get . I think you may be surprised .
I did this this week
One week in a villa on Rhodes £8000 for the six of us I nearly choked lol

But like I say I’m still going to Orlando I’m just disneyd out
Kids are happy to go
Try new things so looking forward to it
Hoping the year after to take them to California instead
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

I don’t think the bubble is going to burst anytime soon. It seems like a runaway train at the moment with a never ending list of new ideas to spend more money - all the dessert parties, early morning and late night magic hours etc. Looking at recent vlogs the parks seem sooo busy as well. And with Star Wars opening it seems there’s no end in sight for the foreseeable. I suppose from a business sense it’s great but for a lot of families it’s leaving a bad taste in the mouth and really is becoming that ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity - or totally unreachable at all for many. We are lucky to go around every 4 years. Whilst I’m looking forward to this trip Im nervous re the crowds and the ‘pressure’ to buy magic hours events just to enjoy a quieter time.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
I did this this week
One week in a villa on Rhodes £8000 for the six of us I nearly choked lol

But like I say I’m still going to Orlando I’m just disneyd out
Kids are happy to go
Try new things so looking forward to it
Hoping the year after to take them to California instead
I know it’s ridiculous isn’t it . I agree with you even without the parks Florida is a beautiful place to visit. Grab cheap flights and a villa/condo = bliss 😃
I know Cali is dearer as our relatives live there, we will probably,y go when the kids are older .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List