Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 24 Mar 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Disney Annual Passes - any useful info?

We’ve decided to upgrade to AP this year

Just wondered if anybody could give any tips or advice relating to being AP holders.

I want to make sure that we get the full benefit

So far I’ve read tips regarding getting the best price for the upgrade, HS looks to be the best place to try so we’ll be heading there first (staying at Beach club so easy to do the day we arrive)

I know about discounts (well some of them, still a little confused about Lego, pandora etc) so will be upgrading at the start of the trip to make the most of that.

Is it worth using the AP lines for park entry? Are there any other hints and tips, or things to avoid that fellow APH would recommend?

Any freebies around August time? I’ve seen about magnets for festivals at Epcot but don’t think there are any when we’re there.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We just used to ask if they do AP discount in every shop... they can only say no.

You get magic bands with the AP, as in once you activate, you can then order the bands if I remember correctly. We ordered them right at the start of the first trip and they arrived a few days later to the resort. We were there 2 weeks so knew we had time for it to arrive.
If you're onsite, then the advice I've since seen is to put a shipping note on packages along the lines of "Guest Bellasmummy, checking in on such a date". That way you can potentially order ahead of time, get it delivered to resort and the resort front desk then have all the info needed to handle it for you, even if it arrives before you do.

AP lines weren't a thing back when we had an AP but it's certainly worth knowing where they are and making an assessment each time you go into a park.
Old 24 Mar 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Thanks, I’ll make a note to order our bands as soon as we upgrade.

We’re at Beach club for 10 days so hopefully they’ll arrive on time. If not we’re at Grand Floridian a week later so can get them then.

Are they different to the normal bands?
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So the Magic Bands can be picked up in Magic Kingdom or need three weeks for delivery. We just got at MK last time but they aren't personalised but they had a range of colours. They are the normal bands.

In terms of other things to note, in EPCOT they currently have a AP magnet for Flower & Garden Festival and they had one for Food and Wine last year too. They also often have special merchandise available for passholders only so its good to check. For flower and garden there are some great passholder mugs I'm looking forward to purchasing! Depending on when you are there in August they may have magnets so just keep an eye out. Depends when Food and Wine starts to be honest as it may or may not start early.

Discounts also vary so always good to ask!
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So the Magic Bands can be picked up in Magic Kingdom or need three weeks for delivery. We just got at MK last time but they aren't personalised but they had a range of colours. They are the normal bands.

In terms of other things to note, in EPCOT they currently have a AP magnet for Flower & Garden Festival and they had one for Food and Wine last year too. They also often have special merchandise available for passholders only so its good to check. For flower and garden there are some great passholder mugs I'm looking forward to purchasing! Depending on when you are there in August they may have magnets so just keep an eye out. Depends when Food and Wine starts to be honest as it may or may not start early.

Discounts also vary so always good to ask!
Thanks, I didn’t realise you could get them without ordering, that’ll be easier.
Old 24 Mar 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Thanks, I didn’t realise you could get them without ordering, that’ll be easier.
The only thing they don't do is put names on them. My parents actually got all of ours last year as we didn't fancy going to Magic Kingdom. They just took our AP cards with them and they sorted them all. There was a bit of a wait and we should have said which colours we want as the CM just randomly allocated them (although as it was I got the colour I wanted by accident). It was so much easier than trying to order and stressing it wouldn't arrive before we left
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I am new to the AP but the lines for the AP often took a long time as people in them did not seem to know how to use the magic bands - which seemed strange as you would have thought an AP member would have used a magic band or ticket many times - so it is hit and miss.

When I got my AP they said I would only get my magic band on my next trip so I ordered the AP magic band for my Christmas trip and was disappointed to find they had run out of the passholder charms you are supposed to get and was told they might have more in March - so I will try again in May...
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Just to say we got our annual passes in September last year and they definitely had the option to pick up the bands in Magic Kingdom (near Liberty Tavern)
Old 26 Mar 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Sorry to jump in with more questions but...
1) How much to upgrade to AP from a 14 day ticket?
2) If you need new magic bands to use your AP does that mean you need to wear 2 bands so you can still use the DDP that is attached to your original band (assuming you have it of course)

Thanks
Old 26 Mar 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Sorry to jump in with more questions but...
1) How much to upgrade to AP from a 14 day ticket?
2) If you need new magic bands to use your AP does that mean you need to wear 2 bands so you can still use the DDP that is attached to your original band (assuming you have it of course)

Thanks
1) varies - where you ask
2) No you can still use your current active magic band if you want to or any active band.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List