Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Mar 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Avoiding i4 Sanford - Haines City ( 27)

I'm looking for an alternative route to using the i4 between Sanford and Highway 27 (Haines City). We have used the 417 in the past but prefer to avoid the i4 completely. It will be rush hour times so even a longer route could save time . Can anyone suggest a better option please ?
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm not sure that I can suggest a route that avoids I-4 completely and as you say you've tried 417 before which is the obvious choice to me. You'll merge off the 417 onto I-4 near the Mickey pylon then only about 10 miles of the Interstate before you dive off on the US27.

If you want to miss that short length of I-4 you need to somehow get across to Poinciana Bvd when you're near the Osceola Parkway and then the US17 which gets you into Haines from Davenport.

A bit challenging if you ask me to avoid a bit of I-4. Maybe Helen (Gryff) will spot this later and help as she owns around there.

Mick
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Agree with Mick, 417 to I4 will avoid the construction traffic around Orlando City and all of the tourist entrances/exits. Would be much more of a faff to avoid it completely.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
PS

You could of course go on to Google Maps and select "avoid highways" and that will generate an alternative. You'll need a satnav or a reliable navigator I think.

Mick
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thank's for the info, we would go via the 417 to Micky's Pylon if there isn't another option. I wasn't sure if there was a route from Kissimmee area to the 27. It's just a shame that the flight arrives into sanford late afternoon arriving earlier would have made a big difference.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

You could try this way. Times are based on now so all routes would be longer in peak times.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Oops sorry just read Sanford not MCO
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Look at this on Maps. Hope it helps
Old 24 Mar 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by macy View Post
Thank's for the info, we would go via the 417 to Micky's Pylon if there isn't another option. I wasn't sure if there was a route from Kissimmee area to the 27. It's just a shame that the flight arrives into sanford late afternoon arriving earlier would have made a big difference.
I mentioned earlier you can get across to the US17 from the Kissimmee area and you'll get to Haines from the east via Davenport City but it looks a bit of a challenge.

As Julie says though most of the I-4 problems tend to be up in the Downtown area and maybe around the park exits. We're lucky as we always stay at Highgate so we leave the 417 from MCO at either the 192 or the Osceola and avoid the Interstate anyway.

Mick