Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Oh dear people and parking

Last week a neighbour who has a big drive put 3 x A4 size notices on their neighbour's son's car because she believed he was parked slightly over her drive. I actually saw this and at most he might have been a few inches over, but she has a small car and a massive drive and it wouldn't have made the slightest difference to her getting on/off the drive. She used that horrible wide brown parcel tape and the poor lad spent ages trying to get it off his car windows. The neighbour's she did it to are very decent people and wouldn't cause any problems to anyone, but the worst part is that she never even moved her car off the drive.

A few days later in the next road to me a person stuck a typed A4 sign on someones car and it was very stroppy what was written on it. Basically saying not to park outside their house again. It's a normal road that anyone can park on and we all know that you can't reserve the space outside your home.

A classic a couple of years ago was a person a few roads away who used to put cones outside their house so no one could park there, but they had 2 cars and parked one of them outside someone else's house

Before we had a drive it was frustrating if we couldn't park close to our house, but we wouldn't have dreamt of putting signs on peoples cars.

I am not shy to stand up for myself when I have to, but it amazes me the mentally of some people who often cause unnecessary issues for themselves.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Our house has parking in front of it thats open to anyone to use- like you say you can't complain. Although if someone parks a van there it blocks our view which is annoying.

Our main parking is in a courtyard via an electronic gate. We've had people park cars blocking the gate before and so stopping 10 or so households from getting their car out. If tracked down and contronted they don't care at all. Just so selfish.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I’ve told you I had melted candle wax thrown over my car for the audacity of parking out side someone else’s house rather than my own. We have no drives or yellow lines, we are a little dead end street of terraces.
Stupid thing is that it wasn’t even the persons house who did it. Was two doors up and just wanted to put me in my place in case I contemplated parking in front of their house. Crackers. Stupid thing is I had come back late and someone else was outside my house, it is an unreserved street after all.
Some poor lad in a nice new Audi came visiting a new girlfriend and got egged the other week as well, we believe by the same lady.
My husband went out knocking on everyone’s doors when mine got done, making a big point of saying that if it happened again the police were getting called, thankfully calm on the western front since.
People are crackpots
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lots of inconsiderate people these days m neighbours ain’t what they used to be ( not on our street anyway ) .
We’ve had issues this week , workman are laying a new drive at the house across the road . They’ve come at 7am on 4 days and fired up the jig pick, Sthil saw ( currently listening to this as I type ) , parked over drives and the residents who are having the work done haven’t advised anyone of the work ( the neighbours car is covered in dust and their drive covered in debris ). They left their car on the street and then had the cheek to get the workmen to knock and ask dh to move his work van ( he’d been on nights so you can imagine being woken up at 7am ) so the cement mixer could get down instead of moving their own vehicle 😳 I politely refused .
What happened to just knocking on doors and asking /advising people nicely about issues ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a neighbour who loves to go and shout at people and beep her horn loudly if anyone dares to park a little bit over her drive. I thought if you have a dropped kerb then nobody can park in front of it. Somebody put cones outside their house, dh moved them and parked there. Those same neighbours had a bonfire in the middle of they day, dh asked them to put it out and was told to F off. He put the hose over the fence which wasn’t next door and put it out!
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

A friend of mine last week went to drop her little boy off at nursery, a 3 min drop off apparently, and parked in between drives on an unreserved bit, making sure to not block any drives.
Came back 3 mins later to find the owner of the house had moved her car off the drive (so obviously not blocked) and put it so that she couldn’t move her car to get off to work.
Apparently 30 mins wad stood in the house window laughing at her and sticking her fingers up at her. Honestly, what is the world coming to I don’t know.

On the other hand though, my sister lives in Scarborough on a same street as a school. They have a small one car drive in front of the garage, a dropped kerb and a gate. The number of people who have parked there and blocked them in is insane. Number of times she came out at 4.30am for work and couldn’t get her car out and didn’t know which house to knock wasn’t funny. The council have eventually had to give them double yellows! But honestly.
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What gets our goat is that we are a terrace where nobody has driveways, also there is a very narrow side street adjacent, so the people who live in the side street also park outside our terrace. There's more or less enough space for everyone EXCEPT folk just don't park properly. They will drive their car into a space that is big enough for two cars and plonk it right in the middle, instead of parking up to another car and leaving another whole space. These are mostly neighbours who know exactly what the problem with parking is, but just don't equate that their inconsideration affects everyone else.
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We have a drive that can take our 2 cars and the neighbours to the left of us don't have one. One Saturday DD had moved his car off the drive and parked in front of our house (our drive is on the side) so he could weed the drive and the neighbour from next door (rented house) knocked on our door and I answered. He shouted at me to 'get my husband to move his car' so he can park his van there! I told him in no uncertain terms NO! A few more choice words but you get the gist. He used to have a normal size van but for a few weeks was coming home in a massive one which he parked outside our house and blocked all our light. He said he couldn't park it outside his own house as it would go over the other neighbours a bit and they complained. Luckily they weren't there long.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

on of the pre reqs for me choosing a house is being able to park on drive /outside my own house in peace

we live in a cul de sac of 24 houses , each drive can take 2 cars & we could get 2 down the side if needs be. no one ever blocks each others drives as there is plenty of room

i would never choose to live in a street with no drives where anyone can park anywhere (quite rightly) and all the ensuing chaos as above..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

All great fun to read but has anyone any ideas why people get like this?
In my cul de sac we each have 'our' spot by general consensus but not legally, so if a visitor is in 'your' spot you use someone else's and nobody complains.
Except a new resident wanted ' my' parking spot...to the extent that if I 'beat him to it' he would actually come out of his house and move his car there as soon as I drove mine away. Its a cul de sac...the difference in distance to his front door from ANY parking spot must be no more than 20 feet what's the matter with the man?
Anyway he doesn't have a car at all now but he is weird...
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List