Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
When my Son bought his first home last year we spent ages looking over the plans and eventually he spotted one that not only had a double length drive down the side of the house but on the other side a 6ft high brick wall!

He is sitting pretty but already it is chaos on the estate as most houses only have 1 space and are a 2 or 3 car family.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Aren't day time bonfires allowed
We were all sitting in the garden, it was hot and sunny. It used to be after 7pm but not sure anymore, we were getting choked by fumes. Maybe he was within his rights Idk!
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I was thinking that. Why couldn’t he have a bonfire?
I thought bonfires were banned in built up areas ie estates.

Pretty sure they are around here - large estate!
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just had a look about bonfires, they mustn’t be a nuisance to neighbours and theirs was. Black smoke billowing into our garden on a Sunday afternoon. My son has asthma, my dh asked him politely to put it out as we were sitting in the garden. He swore at him so dh put it out! Wouldn’t of minded if he lit it a bit later.
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

How sad x
Bigger fish to fry but it does seem to cause lots of issues parking.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

The cars around estates these days is an issue which will only get worse as new estates keep springing up and the infrastructure to support them is not being updated. If you drive around a new build estate it looks lovely. If you go back after people start moving in, you get a completely different view as everyone turns up with 2 or 3 cars and park each side of the road, making it difficult to drive around them without having to keep pulling in for other cars coming the other way.

Parking each side of a road would be real problem especially if an ambulance or fire engine wanted to get through quickly when there's barely room sometimes for a single car to make its way through.

When I go and see my mum, I remember the cul de sac where I used to be able to cycle around the paths happily for hours on end, as people had cars back then, but often only one, which was parked on the drive out the way. In the same road now, the lovely front gardens have gone to be replaced by standing areas so cars can be parked on the front. A lot of the houses in the road have 2 or 3 cars all crammed around the house and on the paths. The kids today could never cycle around like I used to be able to do.

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
our council have just announced they are installing permit parking in ours and loads of neighbouring roads which is fine, but they are also installing yellow lines so you can no longer park across your own drive.
Firstxmastrip is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We get pretty annoyed about the parking situation in our little cul-de-sac
Every house in the row of terraces has a garage, a space in front of their garage and space outside their houses.
We aren’t in the terraces and ours has a small forecourt at the front which is shared by our attached neighbours (once upon a time ours was a shop)
It clearly belongs to the 2 properties (and actually as we’ve lived here the longest, nobody in the road ever lived here with it as a shop!) but people park there all the flipping time and it’s so rude.
Nobody has ever knocked on our door and asked if we mind. Not once. I probably wouldn’t mind occasionally if they did actually ask.
One woman is hairdressing from home now and all her clients park there!
I keep meaning to put a sign up but don’t want to look petty. At Christmas we came home one day and couldn’t park on our own property because the rest of the road had invited their guests to use our drive!
All their garages are behind their houses and you can see from upstairs that they NEVER park in front of them, they just clog to road up. It’s just laziness

Edited at 11:37 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

The exact reason I had a 4 car wide drive put into our current house! The thing that annoys me is people that have a drive but park in the road outside the house!
Old 25 Mar 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

We have one car and a drive, so we obviously park on our drive. our neighbour however, also has a drive and 2 vehicles... parks outside ours most of the time, extremely annoying.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List