Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Mar 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Has your GP done ANY tests?
I was suffering pelvic pain a year or so back. I asked my GP for a scan because I had had an ovarian cyst 10 years previously and they are more likely if you’ve already had one. He agreed it made sense but there were several hoops the doctor had to jump through before he was allowed to request a scan on his computer screen. Full bloods and an internal swab sent off for analysis for various infections. Only when that came back negative did I get the scan. I was terrified it was another cyst or worse, ovarian cancer. As it turned out, the scan showed up nothing but my bloods showed low iron and within a few weeks of taking the iron tablets the pain disappeared. No idea how it is related but stay positive, it might not be as serious as you fear.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Has your GP done ANY tests?
I was suffering pelvic pain a year or so back. I asked my GP for a scan because I had had an ovarian cyst 10 years previously and they are more likely if you’ve already had one. He agreed it made sense but there were several hoops the doctor had to jump through before he was allowed to request a scan on his computer screen. Full bloods and an internal swab sent off for analysis for various infections. Only when that came back negative did I get the scan. I was terrified it was another cyst or worse, ovarian cancer. As it turned out, the scan showed up nothing but my bloods showed low iron and within a few weeks of taking the iron tablets the pain disappeared. No idea how it is related but stay positive, it might not be as serious as you fear.
Oh yes, first one showed BV. Which I took antibiotics for and felt wonderful for a week after. Then went back to feeling wrong. Had 3 further swabs taken. All sent back and mislabelled one after the other. 4th one came back showing Staphylococcus aureus which she said couldn’t be causing my discomfort. That was 3 weeks ago.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Good that they have at least done some tests, but it frightens me how slow all these things are and that everything has to be done sequentially and not in parallel. I was the same, weeks and weeks passed before they had ticked enough boxes to request the scan.
Hope you get some answers soon.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

I've had pelvic pain on and off for around 8 years. Been to GP - referred for tests with Gynocologist. Last time had scan - nothing found. Looks like I just have to put up with it.

You have my sympathy OP - it's worrying. Something causes the pain. I never used to have it..
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Keep pushing for a referral, GPs won’t automatically refer, sometimes they need you to request a referral.
Regarding the meds, I almost didn’t start the tablets my GP prescribed due to reading all the negative things people had posted online. I actually phoned the surgery and they got my GP to phone me back. He convinced me to try them and I’m so glad I did. No problems with them at all and most importantly, my symptoms (ectopic heartbeat) have lessened immensely.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Is it like a dull ache? Maybe you need a longer course of antibiotics if it helped before? As maybe whatever it is has come back?

You say it may possibly be vulvodynia? Has it being going on long as that should clear up after a few months.

If you have a partner maybe they should be checked as it could be something that’s going around in circles?

Just a thought?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I’ve been on amitryptaline since 2014. Initially it was for shingles pain, but as that subsided I kept on a very low daily dose. The drug has some really useful side effects - it dulls urinary frequency and has a small effect on anxiety issues. It’s really been my saviour over the last few years.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Is it like a dull ache? Maybe you need a longer course of antibiotics if it helped before? As maybe whatever it is has come back?

You say it may possibly be vulvodynia? Has it being going on long as that should clear up after a few months.

If you have a partner maybe they should be checked as it could be something that’s going around in circles?

Just a thought?

Kat
Vulvodynia can be a life long condition. Some of the saddest stories I have read are the woman who develop it in their early teens and are now it their 70s. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs_O View Post
Vulvodynia can be a life long condition. Some of the saddest stories I have read are the woman who develop it in their early teens and are now it their 70s. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.
Aww that’s awful 😔 it must be such a torment. Hopefully you will get to the bottom of it soon.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I've had pelvic pain on and off for around 8 years. Been to GP - referred for tests with Gynocologist. Last time had scan - nothing found. Looks like I just have to put up with it.

You have my sympathy OP - it's worrying. Something causes the pain. I never used to have it..
Did they offer you physio or pain relief. How often do you have the pain?