Notices

Old 12 Nov 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do You Want To Read My Trippie ? Day 10 - Grand Floridian Stay And Mk Plaza Dessert Party

So for today I had planned an overnight stay in the grand Floridian villas thanks to dibber Andrews. I have always wanted to stay here but it's really expensive , so again by renting dvc points, it became possible. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The whole feel of it is stunning and it's so relaxed. It's not overly posh though and you certainly don't feel out of place or unwelcome here at all. We had a lake view deluxe studio which was lovely but I have to say out all of the Disney deluxe ,we have stayed at trip , this was the smallest room. There is no way as a family we would have been comfortable to stay here. At least I have tried it though so I'm happy anyway.

Little touches 🙂

Small kitchen area, handy but really tiny .

View from the balcony

Pool area is stunning and a fabulous pool.

Today I had also got a lunch reservation to be our guest. Everything had been planned around each hotel stay to maximise the time spent at the nearest park and the hotel. I've never done lunch before at BOG and it was bedlam. We had preordered but the person in front decided to change everything they had ordered and there were only 2 of them but it took ages and involved the chef coming out. We eventually got served , found a table in the library and then after a while our food came. It was ok but nothing special but it is one of the more reasonably priced bog menus. We had the pork and it was good.

It was just enough as we had were attending the MK dessert party later. We decided to go back to the GF after a few hrs in mk and spend some time in the pool.
At 7:45pm it was time to go to the Tomorrowland terrace fir the desert party. I had booked the gardens one but you check in at Tomorrowland and this is where you eat.

So this is the view you would have from the seats on the terrace

And this is from the gardens .

I personally think this is the better view but it was very busy and we all ended up standing when the fireworks started. It was much better though the the mad scrum that we had had experienced on the 4th Nov. Anyway when you check in you get a wristband so you can move around and leave for the restroom etc. The desserts were plentiful but so sickly. Although we were hungry you couldn't eat too many of them without feeling sick. The drink choice was also very limited and they even ran out of coffee at one point. We also didn't take anything across to the gardens with us although we asked if we could. Whether it was because it was very busy I dont know.
Anyway the view was really good and just about positioned brilliantly .

Overall it was a great night , the view was really good but the Star Wars dessert party food was sooo much better. They really could make the food better and it would be perfect.
So back to the GF after a great relaxing day.

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 12 Nov 17 8:48 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Looks good, we are doing the MK dessert party in 11 days - seems hard to believe. It will be Thanksgiving so I'm expecting it to be manic.
Old 13 Nov 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

How lovely to have the chance to stay at GF, it looks gorgeous even if the room is a wee bit small. The pool area looks very plush. I love your view of the fireworks.
Old 20 Nov 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you had a great time

Joan