Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil Jones
Trading Disney Pins

Seating with virgin and an infant

Hi all

We fly with virgin 4 adults and also my grandson (will be 7 months old) who will not have a seat. Spoken to Virgin they says they cannot guarantee a bulkhead seat and if so this might be only for one person. My daughter is only 18 it’s her first child and would not like her to be split from the family with the baby for 8 hours.

Would you gamble and book a bulkhead seat, I believe you get more legroom at no extra cost. If not I was thinking of booking the seats at the back of the plane (Airbus A330 -200) seats 49A, 49C, 50A and 50C, hopefully not to upset any other passengers if he has a tantrum etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
Neil Jones is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

We asked for bulkhead seats when we flew in April with our then 9 month old. We were also told they couldn’t guarantee it but the seats for our whole party were pre selected for us for the bulkhead. I thought it was worth the risk and it worked out ok.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jenmcg
Getting to know the DIBB

I don't think you can select bulkhead seats on the seat map as they are kept for those who need them. My Husband and I flew with Virgin in May with our 10 month old and we could only put a request in for those seats and were told not to book other ones in advance and that we would be allocated seats at 24 hour out. We called 2 days before the flight to double check they had our request and we were allocated them as requested.
These seats are limited so not sure your whole party will be able to get them as there may be others who need them, other babies, disabilities etc. I'm sure someone with a bigger party who has used them can tell you more. We found the skycot useful for napping on the return flight although my little one was a bit long for it and didn't settle much on the way out. Think you need to weigh up priority for sitting together v need for skycot. Have a great trip.
jenmcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

I thought bulkhead seats were only for those who needed to use the skycots and that it was for infants under 6 months old? Any older than 6 months and they would be likely to not fit the skycot anyway.

Also sure I read somewhere they tend to look at who is on the flight and tend to allocate to the youngest babies wherever possible.

Might be totally wrong tho?
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil Jones
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks everyone I'll call them now
Neil Jones is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SANDY63
Trying for More Ears

I would be interested to know what response you received as I am travelling to Orlando in January with a 7 week old (booked before we knew DIL was pregnant).
SANDY63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Same, we’ll have a 5 month old, should we book seats or hope for bulkhead. We’ll have a 4 year old too so can’t really be split up!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Only on the Dibb could you have a thread titled like this...

Regards

Gary
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
Only on the Dibb could you have a thread titled like this...

Regards

Gary
It's a Christmas story on the hottest day of the year...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It's a Christmas story on the hottest day of the year...
I opened the thread with the exact same thought

Sorry OP , hope you get it resolved.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List