Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Sep 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Love it when a plan comes together...

So we we arrived yesterday and I am wide awake far too early this morning, nothing surprising there! As I never seem to get around to doing a proper trip report thought I would share our travel experience, which just went like a dream yesterday.

We flew MAN - LAX with Thomas Cook in PE. Flight was on time and great. I have flown PE with BA, Virgin and Thomson and would rate Thomas Cook as very comparable. I would have no issues flying with them again. Food was really good, probably the nicest I have had on a plane, and a good selection of in flight entertainment. I also thought the Cabin crew were brilliant.

Arrived into LAX and being at the back of PE were one of the first off the plane. Walked into an empty immigration hall and went straight through. Bags waiting for us when we got to baggage claim. Shuttle to Alamo was a 1 min wait. Had a small issue with the machines at Alamo, as they don't apparently like the drop off and pick up being a separate location, but we were off in our minivan in no time. Landed at around 14:45 and at hotel just after 16:00. Everything just went like clockwork .

Checked into the Best Western Plus Suites Hotel 10 mins from LAX. Hotel is fine, suits what we needed for the one night.

Went to Santa Monica Pier last night to stay awake. Now it being a Sat night on a holiday weekend the place was packed, and we did get our first taste of LA traffic. Thought Santa Monica was OK, and glad we have ticked it off, but probably would not rush back.

Driving to Vegas soon via the Silver Ghost town and outlet mall...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Glad your journey went well. We arrived back home this morning flew LAX to MAN on Thomas cook. Probably the same plane. Flight was great but food pretty grim, we had enjoyed the food on the way out. We had a wonderful holiday hope you do too.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Glad your journey went well. We arrived back home this morning flew LAX to MAN on Thomas cook. Probably the same plane. Flight was great but food pretty grim, we had enjoyed the food on the way out. We had a wonderful holiday hope you do too.
Thanks! Yes I know you don’t get a James Martin meal on the inbound flight . Just been to see Penn and Teller. Great show. Loved it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Must have been sat near you. We were on back row (8) in PE. Like you said it was a breeze going through LAX until we got to Alamo. We had a standard SUV booked and has skipped the counter, but it was Everyman for himself with not enough cars. They kept bringing them round every few minutes with people rushing to get the best cars. They had also mixed intermediate with standard.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Great journey and arrival at LAX.
Penn and Teller, aww we were due to see them couple weeks ago but they cancelled week before for our day so we went to see Mac King instead at Harrahs. Great show! Loved Las Vegas, loved west coast
Hope your trip goes well...wish we were still there now, cold here today!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List