Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 3 Sep 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
emzmommy
Earning More Ears

Mobile Birthday present ideas for an 8yo girl

Not sure if this is the right place but im struggling my dd is celebrating her birthday whilst we are away! The thing is what shall i get her present wise to open on her birthday she understands she isnt havin her usual quota of presents but i still want her to open a few ive looked on walmart to click and collect a few bits but are there any other places that are ideal and so she wont see them beforehand? The only shop i know is walmart lol
emzmommy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

When my DD was 8 we couldn’t go wrong with Lego. It kept her entertained for hours - she’s 11 now and still plays with it. Maybe you could get a Disney themed set to remind her of the holiday. If Walmart haven’t got anything suitable there’s always the big Lego store at Disney Springs.
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

What about letting her pick a pearl at Epcot then have it set into a necklace? If you let the ladies know I’m sure they’d make a massive fuss over her saying it’s an extra special pearl.

Does she have a favourite Disney character? (My DD is mad about Piglet) so something to do with that character perhaps? Pandora charms can be added to a simple chain and worn as a necklace.

Does she still play with dolls? While my daughter says they are for little kids she still styles her dolls hair most days lol!

A plushie never gets neglected either
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Claires for hair stuff and Ty beanies, American Girl for dolls, Walmart and Target for toys. Both of those do the cheaper AG type dolls and clothes. Disney Springs for Lego and Disney bits.

We have avoided Lego while away as they either can't play with it and take it home unmade, or its a right pain to get home unless you break it up again. And I'm paranoid about losing bits!

We went out last Xmas, and for a birthday this summer, and managed to pack most of the toys to take with us. Just had a small list when out there.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Also Amazon.com can deliver to various places over there
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Just wanted to note, I had three children and now a grandson, all of whom do not believe Lego does not make permanent structures. We are also scatter over this big country and my kids never had Christmas at home.

For travelling, one can fairly easily a lego structure in a small plastic bin, readily available at Walmart, Target even dollar stores. Some times you have to break it into two pieces but it is easy to reassemble.

Also, my daughter, who was a horsey girl, loved Breyer models. And all three of my kids loved any construction kits at that age and through childhood (actually they still will "play" with grandson's lego). We had connect (sp.) magnets, lego and it seems like many others.

Also, from birth through now. adulthood, my kids always get a book for Christmas and birthday.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List