Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 7 Sep 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by webby3 View Post
Ellenton is much more relaxed, usually better bargains. Would be perfect if it added a Disney outlet.
Tampa premium outlets has one.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Ellenton outlets used to have a great Disney Outlet store much cheaper than the Orlando ones but sadly it closed. I'm not a fan of Tampa outlets as I found it to be just as expensive as the malls.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
Ellenton outlets used to have a great Disney Outlet store much cheaper than the Orlando ones but sadly it closed. I'm not a fan of Tampa outlets as I found it to be just as expensive as the malls.
I guess it all depends on the day; I usually find Tampa to have better prices than Ellenton especially the Cosmetic Company Store.

However, I agree that the sales racks at the malls can have much better prices than the outlets & you know that the mall merchandise is the real deal & therefore far better quality as a result than the outlet clothing.
Old 8 Sep 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
In April this year Macy's in the Florida Mall had a section up stairs with 75% off, I bought loads of Ralph Lauren stuff including a trench coat, jumpers, t shirts, jeans and dressing gown and the lot cost me $180, I would have paid much more than that the Ralph Lauren outlet store.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Ellenton every time. Not very touristy; stock doenst get pawed over; often cheaper, no crowds, free parking etc etc.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post

we headed to clearwater and was going to call into Tampa outlets, but in the end just came on home
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthieroo
Excited about Disney

We found Ellenton to be less crowded and better bargains.
Old 10 Sep 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Tampa premium outlets has one.
Didn't know that Scooby - thanks for the info.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We went to Ellenton a few days ago and we didn’t really like it. It was so quiet, we were the only people in nearly all the shops and we didn’t find any bargains. The week before we were at Vineland and I got loads of stuff.

We also visited Sawgrass Mills last Sunday when it was labour day weekend and it was heaving. Loads of bargains there, but sadly our cases were packed and we have very little hand luggage room left either. Now that Mall is something else entirely.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater

Edited at 06:08 PM.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We went to Ellenton a few days ago and we didn’t really like it. It was so quiet, we were the only people in nearly all the shops and we didn’t find any bargains. The week before we were at Vineland and I got loads of stuff.

We also visited Sawgrass Mills last Sunday when it was labour day weekend and it was heaving. Loads of bargains there, but sadly our cases were packed and we have very little hand luggage room left either. Now that Mall is something else entirely.
We were at Miromar last Tuesday, day after Labour Day; it was deserted; in some cases, we were also the only people in some stores & not another person in sight whilst walking between some shops.