Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Jun 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Jiko or Tiffins

Hello,

We are there is September and currently have a reservation at Jiko for dinner. I've just been looking at Tiffins and like the look of that too but can only do one! Has anyone been to either? Which would you recommend? We are on the Dining plan so cost isn't a factor. Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Well we love signature dining, and have done six of them, but there's one we go back to year after year..Jiko...Its the only one we always have a 10/10 rating from the three of us...The ambience, food, presentation, service, wine choices, everything..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Really difficult choice I have been to both and love them both, we are having the same debate, not much help but whichever one you choose I am sure you will really enjoy 2 of our favourites on site

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Can't comment on Tiffins, but we ate at Jiko last week and it was one of our best meals of the holiday. Couldn't fault a thing. Absolutely delicious entrees and dessert. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We loved tiffins last year - we did the jungle book package so 3 courses on the ddp. Outstanding meal of the holiday.
We are going back but we are doing Jiko also for the first time.
We didn't choose Jiko last time even though we were at AKL. Tiffins with the package just fitted better with our plans.
Old 14 Jun 17, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Omg that is a really hard decision! We ate at both and genuinely couldn't pick between them! Have you got an AK day planned for that day? If so, Tiffins might be a better fit as you can do the dining package. But if you'd rather it more a fancy meal where you can dress up a bit... maybe Jiko? Both terrific though!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We never ever eat in the Parks for dinner so can't answer about Tiffins.
However we eat at Jiko's probably 10 times a year. Awesome. Far better than the Californian Grill plus all the other great ones like Citricos etc.
The one that comes very very close to it we feel is Artist Point. Not a hairs breadth in it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

I can see I'm in the minority here, but I've been fairly disappointed in the two meals we've had at Jikos, although that may just be bad ordering on my part.

When I went to Tiffins I was less optimistic about the menu, but the food was the nicest meal I had all holiday. We did go at lunch time last year so it was fairly empty but a really beautiful setting in my opinion, I imagine it will be a lot busier in an evening and now that Pandora is open. Still would have to get my vote though

Enjoy whichever you pick!
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List