Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Jun 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
initially you couldn't - but I believe now you can.

we are taking the Disney bus, did last year to.

Used uber from CBR to Hotel row to collect a hire car and back for the middle week last year - this year will be using Uber/Lyft for all our offsite activity.

not long now plane buddy

caved and got the security passes for Manchester £4 each - just to be sure,
We will be using Uber in both Orlando and New York (possibly subway too in NY) . I know Uber is allowed at JFK but there does seem to be doubt about MCO but I will try the app when we land to request a ride.

We are staying at Premier Inn so close to airport, so will get there early and queue. Just hope queues are fast moving 😀.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Uber is allowed at MCO.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Uber is allowed at MCO.
Thank you
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I am going to make and open a account up very shortly for our trip to orlando , how long before i travel should i open this account , i also read you link your uber to paypal , is that the same as the protection you get from the credit card company if you have a issue,or have i to have my credit card on the uber account with paypal as back up ..not so sure
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I had an e Mail from Barclaycard today giving me a code to use on the Uber app that gives a free £25 credit if I link their card to the app.

Whatever all that nonsense means! So I deleted it

However I have posted this info as it seems there are some deals out there.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
I am going to make and open a account up very shortly for our trip to orlando , how long before i travel should i open this account , i also read you link your uber to paypal , is that the same as the protection you get from the credit card company if you have a issue,or have i to have my credit card on the uber account with paypal as back up ..not so sure
We travel Tuesday so I set up the Uber account today. I have my credit card linked to Paypal and Uber linked to Paypal. My thought is that it's double protected this way firstly through Credit Card and by PayPal
Old 23 Jun 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

We used Uber loads and I liked the fact that you got an email receipt after every ride confirming how much you were charged, so if there are any problems at least you can sort it out quickly.
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I use uber a lot in London (maybe a couple of times a week) and have used it in Orlando. I've never had a problem and maybe I've been lucky but the drivers I've had have always been lovely - particularly in Orlando and it's really interesting hearing their stories.

I'm sure there are some bad experiences but some taxi drivers have a real grudge against uber and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's where some of the bad reviews come from. I've seen it on threads here too!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Does anyone know of a valid code worth more than $15 off 1st ride for 1st time user in US?
I have googled but this seems to be the best offer I'm finding. Thanks again for all the help 😀
Old 23 Jun 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I used welcome22 a while ago to get $22 off first ride. Not sure if still available

What did you use for $15 btw as Mrs 3family has yet to set up and I don't know if she uses my code whether she'll get the bonus in euros or dollars