Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 Jun 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Cinderella's chocolate slipper dessert...

Anyone had this? Is it worth the extra $15?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

My DD would love this for her birthday meal in CRT. For us it would be well worth the $15 just to see her face. Do you know how to order?

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

You can only get it at Cinderella's Table or a Grand Floridan or Contemporary restaurant and it has to new reserved either 24 hours in advance for white chocolate or 48 for milk chocolate.
Old 11 Jun 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soexcitedjustca View Post
You can only get it at Cinderella's Table or a Grand Floridan or Contemporary restaurant and it has to new reserved either 24 hours in advance for white chocolate or 48 for milk chocolate.
Fab thanks for the information. Will definitely try to remember to reserve it in advance

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We had one for our meal at CRT on our honeymoon and I did think it was amazing. I think it looked better than it tasted but it was more about it being special and also about where we were.

Edited at 09:41 PM.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

how do u reserve we are at crt the first night of our trip?
Old 13 Jun 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

You can order the slippers by email at this address:

WDW.CRT.Special.Events@disney.com

Both times I have done this I have found them to be very responsive and helpful, for example this year I had it all booked in six hours (and I'd emailed them at 4.30 am their time). I would suggest doing it a few weeks in advance but I think even a few days is enough notice.

The slippers are $30 plus tax and gratuity and you pay for them at the restaurant. You can have milk chocolate or white chocolate, both are filled with chocolate mousse.

The slippers have changed a little since 2014 when we had them the first time. I thought this year the slippers looked smaller, but our server insisted they were the same size. The difference she said was that they now have a chocolate mousse cake on the plate in addition to the slipper and a strawberry or two.

My girls didn't eat the milk chocolate ones in 2014 so I ordered white chocolate as a birthday treat this year and they still didn't eat them . They don't like the mousse and I think all that chocolate at 8am was off-putting. I think they'd be better at lunch or dinner, but they do make a nice special treat and the cost is really reasonable I think for what you get. Plus with the ordering process being so convenient, I think it's a no-brainer (although I won't be ordering them again for my girls since they clearly don't like the taste).
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneydiamond View Post
We had one for our meal at CRT on our honeymoon and I did think it was amazing. I think it looked better than it tasted but it was more about it being special and also about where we were.

Not sure when this was taken, but I'm sure I had chocolate writing on the ones I ordered in 2014 too. I was told this year that they couldn't do that. They only offered me a 'happy birthday' chocolate plaque. So as far as I know their policy has now changed and you can't get chocolate writing for anyone wanting that.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks moos ha for the email
Can I mail this address for other requests like a window table as it's my 40th and wedding Ann celebration?
Old 13 Jun 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by The Hardys View Post
Thanks moos ha for the email
Can I mail this address for other requests like a window table as it's my 40th and wedding Ann celebration?
I think it's just an ordering service for slippers / cakes etc but you could always try and if not maybe they can point you in the right direction for who to contact .