Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 16, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Just a quick question regarding booking your meals at the 180 day mark. What time can this be done at via the MDE online. Is it Midnight UK time or would it be midnight US time. Last time we had the dining plan you had to phone to book everything so this is first time using MDE.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneydiamond View Post
Just a quick question regarding booking your meals at the 180 day mark. What time can this be done at via the MDE online. Is it Midnight UK time or would it be midnight US time. Last time we had the dining plan you had to phone to book everything so this is first time using MDE.
It's 11am online or 12pm by phone so no need to stay up late or get up early

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'll update the first post to add that information in.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
It's 11am online or 12pm by phone so no need to stay up late or get up early
Thank you
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

I've updated the first post with a link to the WDW special offers page. It gives you the information about the 2017 offer plus there's a nice little video explaining dining plans.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

We've booked a value resort and have not upgraded our free breakfast to the QSDP.
When I looked at the Disney website (the leaflet is linked elsewhere) it said that people who got free breakfast in their package get 1 self-service meal per person per night.
So, I was wondering if we could use the self service meal (I'm assuming it is a QS token) in the day time or evening- so have Lunch or Dinner and not have the drink but take an extra snack to keep for breakfast the following day.
There are 4 of us and all count as adults. It could save us quite a lot of faff if it's possible!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kaz2904 View Post
We've booked a value resort and have not upgraded our free breakfast to the QSDP.
When I looked at the Disney website (the leaflet is linked elsewhere) it said that people who got free breakfast in their package get 1 self-service meal per person per night.
So, I was wondering if we could use the self service meal (I'm assuming it is a QS token) in the day time or evening- so have Lunch or Dinner and not have the drink but take an extra snack to keep for breakfast the following day.
There are 4 of us and all count as adults. It could save us quite a lot of faff if it's possible!
Yup! although it says breakfast it is actually I QS credit so you can use it when you like as you like.
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Brilliant!
So we could have a light lunch using 1 QS credit for 4 of us and then use the other 3 QS credits for our evening meal and get puddings or muffins or something to take away and just use mugs for drinks in the evening (We'll buy our mugs when we get there).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Brilliant!
So we could have a light lunch using 1 QS credit for 4 of us and then use the other 3 QS credits for our evening meal and get puddings or muffins or something to take away and just use mugs for drinks in the evening (We'll buy our mugs when we get there).
You could do but that. If you're not big eaters there are probably ways of stretching out that one credit each by exchanging for snacks and sharing meals. You can't use the refillable mugs in the parks but can certainly get use of them in your resort and any other.

Trip Report Index
Old 16 Jun 16, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Brilliant!
is this for 2017? If so, I think they've removed the dessert from QS so you only get the drink and 1 main meal.

We got the free 'breakfast' this year and had no problem using it for lunch or dinner. Pop Century resort was great use and in AnimalKingdom we loved Restaurantasaurus (sp?) as they had a really good fixings bar so would make a nice little side salad to make the meal go further.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread