Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 16, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenMab
Excited about Disney

Something other than Crystal Palace?

On our last full day onsite I've booked CP late breakfast for 10.30 but now I'm thinking maybe I'll cancel it. We've already got a Tusker House buffet breakfast and a Boma buffet breakfast and the children aren't fussed about seeing Pooh et al so was considering maybe swapping this out and doing a TS dinner instead on that day? (We're on DDP).

We plan to be in MK all day but happy to leave to maybe visit a nearby resort for dinner as I wasn't sure what was available in MK that was a nice TS dinner.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks

Rx
QueenMab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by QueenMab View Post
On our last full day onsite I've booked CP late breakfast for 10.30 but now I'm thinking maybe I'll cancel it. We've already got a Tusker House buffet breakfast and a Boma buffet breakfast and the children aren't fussed about seeing Pooh et al so was considering maybe swapping this out and doing a TS dinner instead on that day? (We're on DDP).

We plan to be in MK all day but happy to leave to maybe visit a nearby resort for dinner as I wasn't sure what was available in MK that was a nice TS dinner.

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks

Rx
I like Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. Grand Floridian Cafe is decent too (at GF). I'm not a fan of dibb favourite Ohana though. Kona Cafe is the better bet at the Poly for me. Lots of people like the Wave at the contemporary although I haven't eaten there. I can also recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness lodge, you can get the boat from the MK. Eating there is usually a rather 'lively' experience

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree with Adam with regards Liberty Tree Tavern and the Grand Floridian Café. LTT is a set menu though so may not suit.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

what about the cinderella dinner at the 1900 park fare in the grand floridian depending on the children's ages?

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

Be our Guest in the magic Kingdom?
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
QueenMab
Excited about Disney

Thanks. Some good suggestions.
LTT has never really appealed to me - I'm not a great meat and two veg eater and DS and I aren't fond of mashed potatoes!
We already have a BOG lunch booked and I don't think the dinner menu is much different? There are so many restaurants at WDW I'm not sure if I want to repeat a visit within one week.
Will look at options at GF and the Poly though and I suppose there's nothing stopping us heading further afield...
Rx
QueenMab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by QueenMab View Post
Thanks. Some good suggestions.
LTT has never really appealed to me - I'm not a great meat and two veg eater and DS and I aren't fond of mashed potatoes!
We already have a BOG lunch booked and I don't think the dinner menu is much different? There are so many restaurants at WDW I'm not sure if I want to repeat a visit within one week.
Will look at options at GF and the Poly though and I suppose there's nothing stopping us heading further afield...
Rx
BOG dinner menu is radically different from lunch which is QS. Dinner is TS. I didn't recommend BOG though as I didn't rate it. Loved lunch though. I also think calling LTT meat and 2 veg is a bit of a stretch, its not like any Sunday lunch Ive had in the UK. If its not your sort of thing though then it isn't. I do wish I could eat like that at my local Toby Carvery though!

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread