Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claygate1 View Post
Why did you get turned away from supermarkets with kids? Cancun is my backup if Florida is cancelled so trying to research now.

(Not 100% decided on going as not sure how safe id feel travelling as a single woman with two children & standing out wirh blonde hair & fair skin. Still deciding!)
This is the sign on the door... but then we've been in another large shop with a mix of food and non food without issue. Odd.

Yep we stand out like a sore thumb. Only the first day, but everyone has been super friendly so far.

Here's the sign.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Claygate1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
This is the sign on the door... but then we've been in another large shop with a mix of food and non food without issue. Odd.

Yep we stand out like a sore thumb. Only the first day, but everyone has been super friendly so far.

Here's the sign.
That’s really helpful thank you. Seeing the holiday photos you’re posting is making me lean more towards going to Mexico! Have a wonderful time
Claygate1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Lots of Americans at our hotel as it’s a Marriott timeshare place. There’s an English concierge who said Brits are few and far between at the moment. Went out for a stroll to the shopping centre yesterday, felt ok, safe enough. Lots of people around trying to sell you stuff though
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have cancelled our ‘work around’ trip. It became very expensive, very complicated and my anxiety was through the roof trying to arrange it all. As desperate as we are to go to Orlando, we are aren’t £30k and 5 lots of long flights desperate! It’s very hard/expensive organising and paying for 8 x adults (none of my kids are really ‘kids’ anymore). I am so happy for everyone that is going and will still be following you all on here and Twitter!

We have always had October booked so are holding out for that. If cancelled we will keep on shuffling until we eventually get there 😂
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We have cancelled our ‘work around’ trip. It became very expensive, very complicated and my anxiety was through the roof trying to arrange it all. As desperate as we are to go to Orlando, we are aren’t £30k and 5 lots of long flights desperate! It’s very hard/expensive organising and paying for 8 x adults (none of my kids are really ‘kids’ anymore). I am so happy for everyone that is going and will still be following you all on here and Twitter!

We have always had October booked so are holding out for that. If cancelled we will keep on shuffling until we eventually get there 😂
Maybe some agreement may be forthcoming in the weeks to come, and the workaround won't be necessary.

Our two older children no longer come with us. Everything is so much more expensive when you're a family of 6...

Here's to future Florida hols that are less complicated 🙂
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
Maybe some agreement may be forthcoming in the weeks to come, and the workaround won't be necessary.

Our two older children no longer come with us. Everything is so much more expensive when you're a family of 6...

Here's to future Florida hols that are less complicated 🙂
We are a family of 6 and it is expensive for 6 days in Florida! Be careful of your cards here in Mx - DH has had someone try and use his card and now its blocked, and someone trying to hack into his mobile phone account. Not sure if they are linked. He has his suspicions that it was a tour company he booked through last week
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
We are a family of 6 and it is expensive for 6 days in Florida! Be careful of your cards here in Mx - DH has had someone try and use his card and now its blocked, and someone trying to hack into his mobile phone account. Not sure if they are linked. He has his suspicions that it was a tour company he booked through last week
Oh dear, just what you don't need when you're trying to enjoy your holiday.

We're all about to hit the hay! Harder to stay awake this evening compared to yesterday. Jet lag for you.

My Wife wanted to aim for 9pm... but she's throwing in the towel 🙂

All the best.
Old 30 Jul 21, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
I'm a bit concerned about this as it's been raised quite a bit on other forums. I hope there is no more of this on the rest of your trip
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post

Theres 8 of us too,although 9 if you include dd19 who is at university,thats a small trip for us though as was 12 or 13 at one point but my older kids now holiday other places on occcasion plus work/university means we cant always make same dates.Good luck for october,we are booked then too.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Just a heads up that Mexico is looking more likely to go red next week, due to rising cases, rising positivity rates of people coming back, and new variants. Obviously fine if you're going to US for more than 10 days but check insurance. We are a bit worried as only in US for a week but hoping to land back in UK on 8th, and it should be effective from 9th.