Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Oct 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile Bed bugs - Carribean Beach

Hi,
Some of our group yesterday got a call from the CBR manager to say after a random room check, they found bed bugs. Thaye asked permission to move rooms and 'smoke' their clothes and belongings.

They refunded 4 nights accommodation and also $600 for new clothes.

Anyone else had the same?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I have never heard of this happening before, but I am sure it had done. I would not be pleased but seems Disney have provided compensation. Not nice for some of your group though.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I've never had this problem but my understanding is that unfortunately it can occur in any hotel anywhere. The hotel has no means of prevention they can only control how they react when the problem is found. It seems Disney have reacted pretty well here but obviously it's still horrible for your friends.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

No, but we check in to CBR soon do hope we don't come across any!😬
Sounds like Disney managed it well for them though😊

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not CBR, but we had bed bugs at Pop Century a few years ago. We were part way through a week long stay and got compensation for clothes while they treated ours. We also got moved to the garden wing at the Contemporary which was good
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Can happen anywhere. They actually freeze your stuff I believe.

Luckily you haven't gone home with them- if they infest your house, that is where the nightmares (and cost) starts.
Old 11 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

If this happens to anyone, please make sure you get your suitcases “fumigated” as well as your clothes. You don’t want the little blighters coming home with you !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer29
A Guest at All-Stars

Bed bugs are a nightmare for hotels, it's not a reflection on their cleanliness, but is often seen as one.

Disney sound like they were quite proactive in dealing with the issue.
Disneydreamer29 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

we were unlucky enough to have those pests in our room at POR 2 years ago on our first night

we were upgraded to a deluxe club level for the remainder of our stay

I was severly bitten during that night, and for the heads up, Disney treats this case as an "injury", that case can be settled with a specific department at Disney's (Guest Claims Department). Just make your case and see where it gets you. I am not at liberty to tell where it got me to, nor if it got me anywhere at all, IYSWIM.

Disney has taken all our stuff (fabric and anything the bugs could crawl into) and sent them to the laundry for special treatment ( it's all heated to a high temperature)
we were given money to go get some new clothes while ours were being treated
we were offered free fasptasses as well as complimentary tickets
and that was just for what has been offered onsite. The main part was dealt with after we returned home, and I'll keep it at that.

Edited at 05:39 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I know this may sound silly but how do you know there is bed bugs? Can you see them? How do people bring them in? Its not something I've ever thought about but now I'm scratching at the thought!
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List