Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 14, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MEZZA View Post
Whilst I agree in showing good manners, giving up seats, letting a child go before you if they are upset etc, this thread is completely different, the OP was suggesting no adults ( for a certain time) that's exclusion of a certain group of people. Nobody is suggesting that those good manner, pixie dust moments shouldn't happen.

Let's not forget children are constantly learning, if someone offers a pixie dust moment,that's priceless and the child should be told how nice that was of that person to do it, possibly in the future knowing how nice it was for them, to want to do it for someone else.
I agree but let's face it no kids going to get a pixie dust moment any time soon of some dibbers, but nothing would give me more pleasure than to give any child or adult should they need it a pixie dust moment
Old 20 May 14, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
I agree but let's face it no kids going to get a pixie dust moment any time soon of some dibbers, but nothing would give me more pleasure than to give any child or adult should they need it a pixie dust moment
If the 'some Dibbers' comment is partially aimed at me then I will say that when there were paper FP's still available I used to give mine away to families with kids if I wasnt going to use them. We also bought lunch for a family with 3 kids on our last day on our hol last month with our left-over QSDP credits, so I'm not all bad I love kids, despite not having any, and know how important Disney is to them, the only bit I object to is being told that I should totally step aside from popular attractions because children are having to wait too long.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
I don't think for one moment anybody on this thread wouldn't offer a pixie dust moment or show good manners. But to exclude a certain group of people for an 'open for all' attraction isn't disney or fair.

MEZZA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Irish babe
Excited about Disney

Irish babe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
But thats the whole point of a queue. When I was a child at WDW I learned to wait my turn and learned that I couldn't always get to do everything I wanted all the time. When I have kids I will teach them the same and not expect all the childless people to part like the Red Sea every time my child wants to do something.

Also, why would anyone miss out because of you? I feel like we are talking about something else now... and in the story about stepping out of line the child would just have had to wait for the next show, a maximum of what, twenty minutes?! If the adults said to the child 'jog on, Im next' then I would say thats very rude and uncalled for, as the parent of that child or as anyone in earshot I would have a problem with that, however if the aforementioned adults were in front of me in the queue and continued on into the ride/show whilst I was told to wait, and didnt make any comment about it, then I would have no problem with that whatsoever.
Jog on was a comment from a previous post. In my opinion kids should take priority is all I'm saying. Sorry if it causes offence.
Irish babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I think this thread has now run its course and is just going over the same point again and again.

We are all different and have our own views. Some posts are getting a bit personal.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread