Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 May 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Your always going to have long wait times here, people who usually would not wait in line for a slide will wait in a virtual line so nearly every one in the park are going to tap into a ride just because they can, they may not ride and this will be the reason you may see wait times drop.
Its a bit like the old FP system at Disney people ran round the park gathering FP tickets to every ride, then at the end of the day they would throw half of them away.
I think this is partly true, but it should be remembered that to join a VQ the guest must physically go to the ride and scan their wristband, so there is still alot of people walking around not in a queue, it isnt simply a case of getting off a ride and starting another queue, you might need to get to the other side of the park in order to joint he ride you want. Obviously in a normal queueing theme park you have shops and restaurants where people arent queueing whereas that isnt the case here. However, the fact that a water park has things you dont have to queue for ie the beach area, lazy river, wave area etc that should soften the blow of the slightly longer queue times that a virtual system creates. Im almost certain that by this time next year queue times will be reasonable and we'll be asking why all theme parks arent using this system.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds to me like a really awful system, especially during peak times.

So lets say you tap into a 300 minute ride bearing in mind it's only one at a time...

What are you then supposed to do for the next 5 hours?

You obviously can't tap into another until you have finished, so I know, lets go in the lazy river or on a sun lounger for 5 hours, then wait another few hours for the next ride.

If all the rides are busy, it seems like it would take all day to ride them all?

Personally for the sake of a water park, I think I'd rather go to Aquatica, at least I can get it all done in a few hours.

I don't know if any of you have seen what ''Tim Tracker'' did, but he was there from dawn until dusk and didn't get everything done.

I've got better ways to spend my time in Florida for 2 weeks than spending a whole day waiting to ride a few water slides!

Edited at 05:35 PM.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
Sounds to me like a really awful system, especially during peak times.

So lets say you tap into a 300 minute ride bearing in mind it's only one at a time...

What are you then supposed to do for the next 5 hours?

You obviously can't tap into another until you have finished, so I know, lets go in the lazy river or on a sun lounger for 5 hours, then wait another few hours for the next ride.
What would you do after joining the queue for the new Avatar ride? Youd have to stand there for the 4 or 5 hours, atleast this way you can do the lazy river or something else in the meantime. The problem is being caused by the large numbers going in the opening few days.

I guess the real question is why do people flood for parks or attractions when they are brand new when they all now have monster queues and are too busy to really enjoy anything. I know people are on holiday and wont be able to go back when it has quietened down in a few months, but still seems crazy.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

So all x thousand people at the park minus the people riding at any one time are all supposed to go in the pool or lazy river? How big is this lazy river?

The whole thing sounds unrealistic - and paying to park on top when you aren't even guaranteed one ride. We may not bother as it sounds like too much loitering around for my children.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
So all x thousand people at the park minus the people riding at any one time are all supposed to go in the pool or lazy river? How big is this lazy river?

The whole thing sounds unrealistic - and paying to park on top when you aren't even guaranteed one ride. We may not bother as it sounds like too much loitering around for my children.
Totally agree with you.

Sent a very nice email to Universal this afternoon with some very strong words.

If it's anything like I saw today based on reviews/videos etc I won't be going at all, I really cant be bothered with it for a water slide.

It's not worth it, plus $15 for a locker.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

^^ Well theres the lazy river, beach and wave area, restaurants etc. I can understand annoyance at the queue times, complaining about a queue system which allows you to do something other than stand in a queue like all other theme parks is a bit odd. Would you rather you had to stand in line instead? I dont get it.

They've already stopped letting people in today as the park is at maximum capacity. Queue times are clearly being inflated by opening week rush of visitors just like every new major attraction these days. I think it should be judged on what its like in 3-6 months time everyone calms down and visitor numbers are at a normal level. Its a brand new park, brand new queue system, brand new staff and on opening weekend.
Old 28 May 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
^^ Well theres the lazy river, beach and wave area, restaurants etc. I can understand annoyance at the queue times, complaining about a queue system which allows you to do something other than stand in a queue like all other theme parks is a bit odd. Would you rather you had to stand in line instead? I dont get it.

They've already stopped letting people in today as the park is at maximum capacity. Queue times are clearly being inflated by opening week rush of visitors just like every new major attraction these days. I think it should be judged on what its like in 3-6 months time everyone calms down and visitor numbers are at a normal level. Its a brand new park, brand new queue system, brand new staff and on opening weekend.
Can I please ask, what is it that you don't get?

It's the fact that you book into 1 ride and then have to wait before tapping into another.

At least in a theme park, if you don't like the wait, you can move around to something else, the major issue with this park is once you tap in to one, that's it for the next 3-4 hours.
Old 28 May 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Look at the fast system in Disney for example.

You can book a ride for a certain ''time'' and do this for (I think) up to... is it 3 more?

You can then do a ride, go away, do something else and come back for your other rides at the time allocated.

Volcano Bay is only 1 at a time!
Old 28 May 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
Can I please ask, what is it that you don't get?

It's the fact that you book into 1 ride and then have to wait before tapping into another.

At least in a theme park, if you don't like the wait, you can move around to something else, the major issue with this park is once you tap in to one, that's it for the next 3-4 hours.
What do you do in a normal theme park? You cant stand in 2 lines at once, can you?

And if you join a queue at Volcano Bay and then decide you dont want to wait, you can go and join a different one instead by scanning at that attraction. This system doesn't take away anything, it only gives you the ability to atleast do something else instead of standing around waiting.
Old 28 May 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
What do you do in a normal theme park? You cant stand in 2 lines at once, can you?

And if you join a queue at Volcano Bay and then decide you dont want to wait, you can go and join a different one instead by scanning at that attraction. This system doesn't take away anything, it only gives you the ability to atleast do something else instead of standing around waiting.
No I can't stand in 2 lines at once, but I can book so many, ride others, kill some time and come back.

What am I supposed to do in Volcano bay, book 1, wait a few hours and book another, wait a few more and so on?

It doesn't really give you the ability to do something else though does it, because you can't ride anything?

At least Disney have got one thing right.

Edited at 06:40 PM.