Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Mar 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

The current smoking area at Typhoon Lagoon is right behind the kiddie area, talk about bad placement. Didn’t realise until we could smell it and couldn’t move as it was quite busy and no shade. Eneded up leaving in the end.

The problem is people didn’t stick to the smoking areas anyway. I saw loads of people smoking at the side of buildings etc
I’m sort of mixed on this though I hate smoking with a passion but that’s a person choice. I do think it will just lead to more people trying to do it anywhere rather than walking out of the park.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Great news. Hope DLP is next.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
I completely agree!

I wonder if Universal will follow suit, they don’t seem to have culled the smoking areas like Disney have.
I'm sure they will be following what happens.
GE impact, resort parking, higher prices and now a smoking ban , if they and Sea world parks are smart there's a lot of ways they can benefit and increase sales and footfall.
If smoking was a problem I could understand it but the odd anti smoker who sits down in a smoking area just to complain (saw that last year) aside I think the smoking areas are tucked away enough not to impact 99.9% (and the .1% tend to be those who go out of their way to be bloody minded) .
Seriously it's a sad mentality , live and let live.
Now if Disney decided to ban alcohol from MK again(as it always used to be) as it can cause, liver failure , domestic violence , fetus damage etc so isn't family friendly and is a bad example to children , that might actually have more relevance but let's face it , profit before family values is Disney's primary function.

Edited at 01:05 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccas Dad
slightly serious Dibber

Brilliant news.

I’ll make no apologies for being over the moon about this.
Should have happened years ago.
Beccas Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I was just talking about this, I can see this causing more problems than it will solve.
1. People will still try and sneak a cheeky smoke down a footpath or behind a building.
2. The smoking areas are to be outside the park so I'm assuming people will have to leave the park to smoke and then re-enter? So, the gates will get busier than ever.
3. People will blatantly ignore the ban and smoke in non designated areas. At least, at the moment, it's confined.
4. Some will stop going altogether or leave part way through the day. Whilst this won't affect ticket revenue, they will lose out on sales of food and drink.

I'm not sure this is their best idea...
Old 28 Mar 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If smokers can manage an 8 hour flight I’m sure they can manage a few hours in a theme park.
Think Disney may struggle to introduce this in Paris though.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm sure they will be following what happens.
GE impact, resort parking, higher prices and now a smoking ban , if they and Sea world parks are smart there's a lot of ways they can benefit and increase sales and footfall.
If smoking was a problem I could understand it but the odd anti smoker who sits down in a smoking area just to complain (saw that last year) aside I think the smoking areas are tucked away enough not to impact 99.9% (and the .1% tend to be those who go out of their way to be bloody minded) .
Smoking clearly is a problem. They’re not doing this for any reason other than to increase their income. It’s OK if you disagree but it’s fair to say they’d have a better handle on how many complaints they have received than any one here

I’ll go so far as to say that anyone who argues that a smoke free environment for what is essentially a family venue is bad, is being extremely selfish.

Edited at 01:07 PM.
3family is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I can foresee big problems at Epcot with the food and wine festival in the evenings...
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Great news
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

On the plus side, it will save me money because we won't bother to get any Disney tickets for our next trip.
Closed Thread