Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 15 May 09, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher_Ro
Imagineer

Christopher_Ro's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Halloween Horror Nights 2009

Hey guys, the planning application went in today for the design approvals for HHN09.

The theme is all hush-hush, although rumour has it that a Saw, Chucky, and Haunted Cinema houses will be appearing.

Anyone going this year?

If you haven't been before I really recommend it.
Christopher_Ro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 09, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kezza12
Imagineer

kezza12's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
we're going i'm actually quite worried that i'm going to ruin what's probably going to be one of the best parts of the DH's holiday cos i'm a big wuss and will start crying and want to leave i'm going to try and be really brave though

April 2003 first ever visit groveser DTD. May 2005 honeymoon Holiday inn int drive. May 2007 2nd anniversary grovesner DTD. Oct 2009 birthday LBVVResort n spa. Jan 2011 LBVVResort and spa. Nov 2011 Las Vegas and Anaheim MGM grand and Disneyland hotel May 2013 8th anniversary vista cay. Oct 2013 cheeky birthday trip No 2 enclave suites
kezza12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 09, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Christopher_Ro View Post
Hey guys, the planning application went in today for the design approvals for HHN09.

The theme is all hush-hush, although rumour has it that a Saw, Chucky, and Haunted Cinema houses will be appearing.

Anyone going this year?

If you haven't been before I really recommend it.
I'd recommend it too, BRILLIANT!

I've never laughed or screamed as much as that in a long time.

We were walking around one of the sets, set in a mental hospital and I thought my niece was holding onto me, then I heard a very 'strange' voice in my ear say 'where are you taking me tonight', I looked behind and there was this horrific man wearing a straight jacket. I screamed so much I gave myself a headache! It was brilliant!

Caution though, if you go on the weekend be prepared for lots of locals and trouble! There was a shooting in the car park the night we went.
Old 15 May 09, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

we are going opening weekend and soooo excited. Missed last 2 years! A saw house would be great
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 09, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
reccomendations from me too !

we went in 2006, and it was just incredible, scary, gory, funny and just plain entertaining!
special effects were awesome, not for the faint-hearted.
But agreed, a totally different atmosphere , quite menacing at times, loads of groups of male teens roaming, swearing and quite rowdy, we felt fine , not for kids though.
lots of security around and metal detector screening things for knives and guns at the entrance...

but VERY VERY ENTERTAINING and would love to go again ..
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 09, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fitz
Serious Dibber

Fitz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I've been the last two years and totally recommend it. They're absolutely fantastic. Always been on a thursday, quieter and much nicer atmosphere. Can't wait for this years, a saw house will be very good.

Also must mention to those who've not done a horror night before, the Bill and Ted show is an absolute must. Really funny and entertaining. Great way to end the night imo.
Old 16 May 09, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

cant wait went last yr for the first time had a sore throat in the morning from all the screaming but had a real good laugh lots of drinking around the park was the only down full as it made it very rowdy at times
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 09, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Looking for a little advice, We are booked to go next year while HHNs are on but we have 2 6 year old boys (not suitable for them)
So do you think my hubbie would be ok to go by himself (although i would really love it... but being nice wife may earn me extra shops ) Or do you think he would be weird / to scared walking alone?
Just trying to plan ahead!
JediMuM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 09, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I'd recommend it too, BRILLIANT!

I've never laughed or screamed as much as that in a long time.

We were walking around one of the sets, set in a mental hospital and I thought my niece was holding onto me, then I heard a very 'strange' voice in my ear say 'where are you taking me tonight', I looked behind and there was this horrific man wearing a straight jacket. I screamed so much I gave myself a headache! It was brilliant!

Caution though, if you go on the weekend be prepared for lots of locals and trouble! There was a shooting in the car park the night we went.
Yes we agree with you it is fab and looking forward to doing it this year too...we have alwasy done it on a Thursday or Sunday as it is much quieter, have been on open night once before and it was too busy..
F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 09, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBelle
Imagineer

DisneyBelle's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
Oh!

I'm still on 2 minds about this. One time whilst in sunny Scarbourgh we went in this "haunted house", it was lots of different movie sets etc from things like silence of the lambs, chainsaw massacre, and exorcist. All very realistic & I almost cried (I say almost it was a while now and I’ve tried to block it out my memory so I may have actually cried! ) So I know there is a BIG difference between Universal and Scarbourgh which is why I think it may be too much for me?! But we'll wait and see
DisneyBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread