Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 May 10, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
To me, from the sound of it FJ isn't such a big frill as was made out to be. It was supposed to be an "intense" ride not suitable for youngesters but from the discription it doesn't sound like that. I could be wrong, we really need a video of the ride to see...

well to you Disneyites POTC is apparantly a thrill ride so Im sure it will qualify as one
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 10, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh my goodness I am so excited for this, looks like the new ride will be suitable for our whole family so am pleased about that, i'm not really a coaster junkie and was a bit afraid that this would be more of a coaster than an experience, oh I want to be there right now.
Old 29 May 10, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lukebrynycz
slightly serious Dibber

Is there a vid or pictures of the new Harry Potter ride or is it still well hidden for now?

lukebrynycz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 10, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lukebrynycz View Post
Is there a vid or pictures of the new Harry Potter ride or is it still well hidden for now?
I don't think there is any footage of it available just yet but on one of the links provided there are pics of the ride ride pics available. If that makes sense lol

One of the best sites I've seen so far on WWoHP is insidethemagic.net

Some fab pics around and video footage. I actually wished I'd waited and I promised myself not to show my son the footage of the wand picking experience in Olivanders but I couldn't resist. I am carp at keeping surpises!
Old 29 May 10, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I've just been reading that the Forbidden Journey has been experiencing lots of technical problems as in lots of starts and stops. I think it's to be expected with a new ride. I hope it gets sorted out in time for the official opening day 18th June or there are going to be lots of disappointed people.
Old 29 May 10, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Belle
slightly serious Dibber

Ohhhh! I really wanna know what the ride is like! From the warning signs though it looks like I might not be brave enough to ride! Hopefully I'll pluck up the courage. The whole experience looks awesome! I really cannot wait to just walk around and take in the ambience.
Princess Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 10, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
elevonic
Apprentice Imagineer

elevonic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don't know what the early perks will be if staying insure when it opens fully to the public. We came back the other day and there was a letter in our room at rpr, it said we can go to ioa and harry potter from 8am until 8.45 for the rest of our stay. Went back today and it was very busy, much busier than yesterday. Some more notes:-
the lockers are just inside the castle entrance, I reckon there will be a lot of congestion when it opens properly, people ducking in and out of the queue. The route through the castle has lots of animated paintings saying various things and a large one of dawn French. You go back out and through a conservatory and back in, it's a long route of hidden queing potential. I managed to get in the single rider line and got on very quickly. First correction, they are 4 person benches not 5 person as I said before. You have an over the shoulder restraint but no seat buckle. The bench rises and you follow harry as he flies to a cridditch match, meeting a dragon on film, and an animatronic dragon with steam etc, you also get splashed a bit. Then onto a dark room with lots of spiders an webs. Then... it broke down! I was on it for nearly an hour before we could be rescued by staff that have to harness on because of the drop, a total fiasco. I took a couple of photos of this and they didn't like it at all, got quite stroppy, good views of the workings as all the lights were on. I might try again tomorrow as it's our last day, wish me luck!

1991 - Orlando vacation resort, rodeway Inn,2005 - Travelodge idrive (yuk).2007 - Cypresse point LBV
2010 - Wyndham (not by choice), Bilmar Treasure Island, Hampton Inn Uni Blvd, Royal Pacific resort. 2017 - Regal Oaks, Kissimmee, Hard Rock Hotel
elevonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 10, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
elevonic
Apprentice Imagineer

elevonic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just a quick addition, you don't go upside down but you do tilt back a lot almost as if you're on your back.

1991 - Orlando vacation resort, rodeway Inn,2005 - Travelodge idrive (yuk).2007 - Cypresse point LBV
2010 - Wyndham (not by choice), Bilmar Treasure Island, Hampton Inn Uni Blvd, Royal Pacific resort. 2017 - Regal Oaks, Kissimmee, Hard Rock Hotel
elevonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 10, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all the detail, wow, don`t fancy breaking down on this!
Originally Posted by elevonic View Post
I don't know what the early perks will be if staying insure when it opens fully to the public. We came back the other day and there was a letter in our room at rpr, it said we can go to ioa and harry potter from 8am until 8.45 for the rest of our stay. Went back today and it was very busy, much busier than yesterday. Some more notes:-
the lockers are just inside the castle entrance, I reckon there will be a lot of congestion when it opens properly, people ducking in and out of the queue. The route through the castle has lots of animated paintings saying various things and a large one of dawn French. You go back out and through a conservatory and back in, it's a long route of hidden queing potential. I managed to get in the single rider line and got on very quickly. First correction, they are 4 person benches not 5 person as I said before. You have an over the shoulder restraint but no seat buckle. The bench rises and you follow harry as he flies to a cridditch match, meeting a dragon on film, and an animatronic dragon with steam etc, you also get splashed a bit. Then onto a dark room with lots of spiders an webs. Then... it broke down! I was on it for nearly an hour before we could be rescued by staff that have to harness on because of the drop, a total fiasco. I took a couple of photos of this and they didn't like it at all, got quite stroppy, good views of the workings as all the lights were on. I might try again tomorrow as it's our last day, wish me luck!
Old 29 May 10, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks to all who have posted info...i really cant wait untill we go in august,im soooo excited
Closed Thread

Tags
forbidden journey, harry potter, wwhp, wwohp