Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 4 Aug 10, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tink77
Imagineer

really enjoyed your TR. We only live about an hour north of Aviemore and I must admit we tend to take the scenery for granted. My kids also love landmark and would happily go everyweek if they could. Your poor ds was very brave and am glad that you were still able to enjoy your trip
tink77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 10, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
daviewat
Imagineer

What a joy to see so many positive remarks about our bonnie wee country here in Scotland

Landmark near Avimore has been around for many years it all started with one slide and a tree top walk ! Also the Highland Wildlife Park at Kingussie is great and the polar bears are awsome

A great way to explore Scotland with a family is to join a youth hostel association these days they do family rooms and with the use of other things as kitchens / lounges etc etc it makes a very sociable break, holiday inns etc and comfort inns etc are fine but we find its just a room and no space to do other things or meet other folks. The hostels in Scotland are great and I see Carbisdale Castle mentioned a few times on the thread.

Again well done for doing such a detailed trip report and remember to visit again. I love Fife as well by the way all these amazing little fishing villages as well as great golfing.

Regal Palms March/April 2005/6/7/11/12
Now Miami whenever possible
daviewat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 10, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by daviewat View Post
What a joy to see so many positive remarks about our bonnie wee country here in Scotland

Landmark near Avimore has been around for many years it all started with one slide and a tree top walk ! Also the Highland Wildlife Park at Kingussie is great and the polar bears are awsome

A great way to explore Scotland with a family is to join a youth hostel association these days they do family rooms and with the use of other things as kitchens / lounges etc etc it makes a very sociable break, holiday inns etc and comfort inns etc are fine but we find its just a room and no space to do other things or meet other folks. The hostels in Scotland are great and I see Carbisdale Castle mentioned a few times on the thread.

Again well done for doing such a detailed trip report and remember to visit again. I love Fife as well by the way all these amazing little fishing villages as well as great golfing.
Thanks Davie

We loved this trip even though we did stay in a hotel lol. We are going to invest in a good tent for the spring/summer next year though and just go at the drop of a hat when we have a dry weekend...if we get one

I have looked into hostels too, they look great and would also consider this.

Although I live in Fife i'm a Glaswegian at heart (was born there and stayed there till I was 25). As much as I love living in Fife it's just not got the same scenery (obviously) as the West Coast and the Highlands.

Next year we'd love to go a bit further north too, I haven't been further north than the Black Isle!

We have such a beautiful country and I can't wait to see more
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 10, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List