Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 11, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I think the winner for in park magic for me is being proposed to by my dh on the balcony of Sleeping Beauty Castle at DLRP
But many other memories over the years- wishes cruise, special dance party during year of million dreams and doing the macarena with Goofy, doing the Pirate and Princess party in my Belle outfit and being called Princess by everyone (and DH 'Beast' lol), being one of the first to meet Phineas and Ferb in DHS this year, doing the birdy song when I was little with characters in Norway... soooo many memories!
One of my most magical memories though is walking into Magic Kingdom for first time- many years on now and I don't remember much about that trip but I do remember that!
And not an in park memory, but certainly a good one- getting married at the Yacht Club to my wonderful dh with Cinderellas coach and Mickey and Minnie at our drinks reception- absolutely fab!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katie C View Post
I think the winner for in park magic for me is being proposed to by my dh on the balcony of Sleeping Beauty Castle at DLRP
But many other memories over the years- wishes cruise, special dance party during year of million dreams and doing the macarena with Goofy, doing the Pirate and Princess party in my Belle outfit and being called Princess by everyone (and DH 'Beast' lol), being one of the first to meet Phineas and Ferb in DHS this year, doing the birdy song when I was little with characters in Norway... soooo many memories!
One of my most magical memories though is walking into Magic Kingdom for first time- many years on now and I don't remember much about that trip but I do remember that!
And not an in park memory, but certainly a good one- getting married at the Yacht Club to my wonderful dh with Cinderellas coach and Mickey and Minnie at our drinks reception- absolutely fab!
OMG How wonderful... Such a sweet story, thanks for sharing
2013 March Boston. 2012/2014/2015 Saratoga Springs
2014 March NYC. Vegas 2015, Disneyland 2016&18 Saratoga 17,18 Coronado Springs 19,20
disneyforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

wow guys,

I just hope we have some very special memories to bring back home with us next Feb...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

We've got a few:

1) Was when our youngest son was picked to lead the dance at the end in the festival of the Lion King, and Timon came to him at the end and said he was the best.

2) Was when DH was picked on Monsters Inc laugh floor, and left Mike lost for words by not following the gag (Mike asked where he was from and when we said England Mike said that's that really huge country in the middle of the Atlantic isn't it, DH said "yeah", naughty but funny)

3) Was when a cm threw out an official Block Party Bash Nerf Ball to us in DHS, still got it.

4) EMH in Magic Kingdom at 3 AM and everything walk on, riding Big Thunder over and over.

5) Stuck on The Simpsons during a thunderstorm, after the 5th consequetive go I was convinced I was going to barf.

6) Being in DHS during EMH when Star Tours had just reopened, and going on it again, and again, and again... walk on when just opened!

Great memories.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Old 11 Jul 11, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mcplod View Post
5) Stuck on The Simpsons during a thunderstorm, after the 5th consequetive go I was convinced I was going to barf.

Ewww! I too would have felt rough!
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
Ewww! I too would have felt rough!
Sideshow Bob became more and more sinister after each ride.
Old 11 Jul 11, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mum2two
Excited about Disney

Oh special moments lets see...

On our 2008 trip we got upgraded to concierge level at the beach club
Same trip 2 yr old dd1 was throwing an almighty tantrum over nothing in the lobby - we'd just arrived and I was really terrified people were going to be cross because it was such a posh hotel. But a lovely lovely cm came over and started blowing bubbles and talked dd out of tantrum and let her choose a pin to keep. I started to relax from that moment onward.
DD2 was 8 weeks old and obviously in a pram. Peter Pan and Wendy walked past us and Wendy peeked into the pram and said 'oh a pixie!'

2010 trip :
- DD1 (4 this time!) was dressed up as Sleeping beauty and every single cm she met that day bowed or curtseyed and called her 'your highness'. She was walking about 10ft at the end of the day.
- watching wishes from the top of BLT
- dd1s face when stitch stole her autograph pen and stuck it up his nose

There are loads more but its late and I'm not thinking - I'll be back to this thread later...
mum2two is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 11, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post

we had a bad moment turned around in our transfer from airport to all star sports i fogot to pick up my ds3 & ds5 bags with there nintendo ds
and favourite action men in so we reported it to disney to see if anyone hd handed them in from the coach company but they hadn't
so we got message on our phone in room to say mickey had dropped something off for our boys (i did think it was there bags)
but no mickey had signed pictures wrote out with the boys names on and
a cars themed digital camera and lots of balloons and a stitch game
Old 11 Jul 11, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bert
Excited about Disney

Not given to mushy-ness...
First time I saw the castle at night took me in a flash back to aged 5 ish watching snow white... That was surreal! Damm those people who do they do that
4th - 2012 - 2012 "pythons eat pies blah blah" index
Reclining anxiety... Really?
Bert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post

I've loved reading these! I have a few i think my most special moment though just included me and DH, he got down on one knee in the middle of a packed main street, on new years eve as the fireworks went off and asked me to marry him
Closed Thread