Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jul 11, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

you will have a great time Kathryn, was my first time last year and it was fun

Wasn't particularly scared as such it was more very jumpy as you go through the houses, waiting for something to either move or jump out at you lol

Will always remember one house where an american lady was walking behind DH who was behind me... all we could hear was no no no no no ... no no no no no... she was pretty much walking along with her eyes closed and the person behind her guiding her lol... not quite sure who she was saying no to lol.

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I hope these release some news soon - I am desperate to know whats going on want to book one of the behind the scenes tours

Edited at 01:31 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kozmoe View Post
Universal will not be doing a "Alone" house this year I can safely say, but it does look like we are getting some type of WW1/Hospital house though, and a holiday house of somekind.
By holiday house do you mean themed around Christmas?
Was gutted I missed this house from a few years ago!
Old 21 Jul 11, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
you will have a great time Kathryn, was my first time last year and it was fun

Wasn't particularly scared as such it was more very jumpy as you go through the houses, waiting for something to either move or jump out at you lol

Will always remember one house where an american lady was walking behind DH who was behind me... all we could hear was no no no no no ... no no no no no... she was pretty much walking along with her eyes closed and the person behind her guiding her lol... not quite sure who she was saying no to lol.

x
Thanks very much! I think I will be very jumpy going through the houses and will possibly have my eyes closed for parts of it! Glad you enjoyed yourself
Old 21 Jul 11, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher_Ro
Imagineer

Christopher_Ro's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Speechless_UK View Post
That was a funny house. Was very bright, few scares, lots of smells and some laughs. There's always one fun house every year I guess!
Christopher_Ro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post

x

One year a Japanese lady in front of me totally freaked out in one of the houses, she was shaking and in floods of tears. Her boyfriend had to take her out of one of the emergency exits. Funnily it was a really lame house as well, Interstellar Terror.

On a couple of occasions I've seen people bolt from both the entrance and exits of houses in tears. I've also seen people refuse to enter a room because they didn't like the look of it.
Old 21 Jul 11, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cameroon95 View Post
Any news on a potential "alone" house this year at universal?

Originally Posted by Kozmoe View Post
Universal will not be doing a "Alone" house this year I can safely say.
An 'Alone' style house wouldn't work at HHN, there's just too many people. Alone admitted one person every 15 minutes to ensure that you didn't bump into the person in front also you would stay in some rooms for a couple of minutes at a time interacting with the scare-actors.

Even if they staggered a HHN house to one person a minute the queue would get backed up and the scare-actors would have to work so much harder.

I think the best we can hope for in the future is a slightly more graphic house, unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see the much talked about Extreme House at HHN.
Old 21 Jul 11, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Speechless_UK View Post
I don't think it will be themed around Christmas, but I am sure it will be this years funhouse.
Old 21 Jul 11, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Christopher_Ro
Imagineer

Christopher_Ro's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 5
They did plan an extreme house once but the plans got shelved. It involved crawling, jumping, electric shocks and even getting locked in a real coffin. When HHN was at IoA it was going to be located in the Carnage Warehouse in Marvel Land.

Scary but true. You can even download the blueprints online!
Christopher_Ro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 11, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

don't fancy the electric shock but the rest! what a shame, sounds ace lol

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread