Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 13, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jillywilly View Post
We have seen many Gays in the parks but never been on Gay Day, i suppose they like to Disney the same as everyone else, but because it the day has been labled you will looking for them was as you wouldn't have noticed them any other day
Thank you for a sensible reply
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 13, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

If they do ask just have a simple answer of cos men can love other men to I have said this to my sons as my cousin has a boyfriend they kiss its life I'm happy for anyone to kiss in public it's love
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 13, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Billy Beatnik View Post
I personally don't like the thought of someone flying a plane with a banner warning about gays going to MK. They are just people like everyone else, not something that should be avoided. "Whatever tickles your pickle" is what I say!

It was the warning that kinda shocked me to be honest,

As if there's going to be something I need to be warned about...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 13, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Danzy View Post
Stereotyping ?

Because I said men were hairy?
Pretty much, when combined with 'full on gay orgy' - does that mean there's a 'full on straight orgy' all other days.

You may not be homophobic, but to me your initial post sounded like you were stereotyping.

Remember, Florida is close to the 'deep south', some if whom hold very little tolerance for relationships other than those of a man and a woman - hence the drama of a plane going over and the mass panic that its going to be like some crazy orgy everywhere. I just can't see it occurring, and if it did and I felt it was too much I know where the exit is.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 13, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Any Ideas if its gonna be a full on gay orgy or am I worrying over nothing?
Words fail me

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

Gay days is not a problem. When I worked at WDW in 1998 on gay day all those participating wore red t- shirts. I don 't recall seeing any public displays of affection and anyway who cares we are all people after all.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by FloridaDave View Post
Made me laugh.

You may not be homophobic, but you certainly aren't scared of stereotyping people lol
this! haha so right.

One day you will need to explain to your kids that some men kiss other men and some women kiss other women and that there's nothing wrong with that. So why not at the happiest place on Earth?

Fact is, kids don't care. They may already know of same sex couples due to other kids in their class. Families are discussed very early on in school

And Disney World is not the place for sex. Hetero or Homo. I can assure you that you will not be subjected to an orgy of any kind.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 13, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

It was the warning that kinda shocked me to be honest,

As if there's going to be something I need to be warned about...
It's probably the same idiot who writes 'Jesus loves you' and 'God 4gives' in smoke in the sky. What a waste of money.
Old 31 May 13, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thank you for a sensible reply
You're not helping yourself here

Now I guess I am not sensible then - lovely.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 13, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

I'm afraid the wording of your initial post has done you no favours and your point of view has shone through even if you don't believe that you are homophobic.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread