Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 9 Feb 14, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steelo View Post
Loved your pics, I'm going there this Thursday... I'm sooo excited, was it still snowy when you left?
Hi, yes it was snowy and icy. They are due another 3-4 inches tomorrow too. It was all over the news the day we left. you will have a brill time, the snow will not hinder anything either you want to do, they're soooo organised. Paths and roads all cleared in a matter of hours.

I'm green with envy, wish we were back there. Have a super time

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
finns@disney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Brill pics thanks for sharing, getting me all excited for August has you seem to have visited everything on our list.
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Continued from above...

Our last morning, as our flight was at 7.25pm. Our concierge booked us a limo (town car) to get back to the airport. We were getting picked up at 3pm, with it being a Friday afternoon, he said we should leave a bit earlier. Glad we did, as the traffic was horrendous.

We went for breakfast at a hollywood diner, which was lovely. We then hopped on the subway down to canal street to see if there where any bargains to be had, sadly not ! Just junk and people on the street corners selling fake Rolex watches and Michael Kors handbags, which weren't that good TBH.

We jumped back on the subway and went to Madison sq park for a wander around.

We then called in dunkin donuts and grabbed a coffee and some donuts and headed back to the hotel. time to go home.

We had an uneventful flight, although on the upside, we did it in 5hr and 50 mins, instead of 7hrs 15, due to a tail wind.

Summing up.

We WILL definitely be back at some point, but this time we will take the kids, we think they would love it. Gutted I didn't get to ice skate and we didn't get to the highline, but did everything else we wanted. I would defo recommend going to anyone who is thinking about it, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for reading.

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by finns@disney View Post
Brill pics thanks for sharing, getting me all excited for August has you seem to have visited everything on our list.
Thank you for reading. You will have a super time. August will be lovely.

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Old 9 Feb 14, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Glad you had a fab time, we are off to New York in July before heading to florida, it was good reading your experience to give us ideas. We are taking our 3 children - 4,9 and 13 so I am hoping that they will also enjoy it.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for posting your photos. Glad you liked Front Street Pizza one we will be trying when we go. Katz looks great too and our son has the Ghostbusters fire station as a must visit. Think my wife wouldn't mind bumping into Mr Clooney but chances of that seem slim! Looks like you've had a great time.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Brilliant report, we're going at Easter, so it's great to read how easy everything is x
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Glad you had a fab time, we are off to New York in July before heading to florida, it was good reading your experience to give us ideas. We are taking our 3 children - 4,9 and 13 so I am hoping that they will also enjoy it.
The kids will love it, especially the big piano in FAO Swartz and also make sure you pop into toys r us! it has a huge Ferris wheel inside the shop! it's amazing. We're defo taking the kids next time, ours are 5, 9 and 16, similar age to yours. Have a super time. thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
Thanks for posting your photos. Glad you liked Front Street Pizza one we will be trying when we go. Katz looks great too and our son has the Ghostbusters fire station as a must visit. Think my wife wouldn't mind bumping into Mr Clooney but chances of that seem slim! Looks like you've had a great time.
Front st is tiny, but $20 for two beers and two large slices of pizza... Bargain. The ghostbusters fire station is tucked on the corner of a side street, blink and you'll miss it. The only sign that it's from the film is the motif on the floor in the picture I took. Defo worth a visit . Keep peeking into the studio when your around Times Square, you never know who you will see.

Thanks for reading and have a great time

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Old 9 Feb 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
I tell everyone to try front st pizza, we always do it in our first evening. It's great.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Brilliant report, we're going at Easter, so it's great to read how easy everything is x
Thanks for reading. Yes, everything is easy to find or do. We studied our map before we went for ages to get our bearings and for the first couple of days. More or less walked everywhere which took a while. If you do one thing, get familiar with the subway, you can be anywhere in the city in 10 mins by using it. It saved us a hell of a lot of time on our last two days

Have a fab time, you'll love it

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014