Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 14, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Disney need to sort out Frozen problems!

Disney are well aware of the 'Frozen' princess madness so why don't they address the problem!
My daughters ex dance teacher is now a 'princess' at Disney and there are soooooo many girls who work on a rota and loads on waiting lists, so surely they could add some more character spots until the madness calms down! They could even put Frozen sales carts selling frozen items near the new character spots! They could do 2 or 3 at each Disney park.
Surely all the wait times etc is spoiling the magic for all the little ones!

Or they could say 'children only' to meet Frozen princesses! My daughters ex teacher says some of the adults are worse than children, pushing and shoving and wanting signatures and loads if photos (with no children)
Just till things calm down!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy Gerry
Trading Disney Pins

I totally agree. I've said it several times on different threads.
Goofy Gerry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Disney are well aware of the 'Frozen' princess madness so why don't they address the problem!
My daughters ex dance teacher is now a 'princess' at Disney and there are soooooo many girls who work on a rota and loads on waiting lists, so surely they could add some more character spots until the madness calms down! They could even put Frozen sales carts selling frozen items near the new character spots! They could do 2 or 3 at each Disney park.
Surely all the wait times etc is spoiling the magic for all the little ones!

Or they could say 'children only' to meet Frozen princesses! My daughters ex teacher says some of the adults are worse than children, pushing and shoving and wanting signatures and loads if photos (with no children)
Just till things calm down!
While I agree with you about Disney putting in more meet & greets I can't agree about "children only". Adults have just as much right to enjoy all Disney has to offer.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

ive taken my kids to see santa before. there was about 5 different rooms, each with a santa in it. so you weren't waiting to long. the kids never twigged there was more than one santa. couldn't Disney do something like that? maybe they do all ready. so hoping it dies down for when we go next may!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I can't agree about "children only". Adults have just as much right to enjoy all Disney has to offer.
I don't agree with you. In my head its more important that a child saw something or experienced something over an adult. I would gladly give up my space in a queue etc for a child

I think that Disney should just limit it to "children only" between 9-5 and afterwards adults can go.

If this means the hours are extended then so be it.

I also think the multiply E&A is a fab idea

Edited at 01:31 PM.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cookie family View Post
ive taken my kids to see santa before. there was about 5 different rooms, each with a santa in it. so you weren't waiting to long. the kids never twigged there was more than one santa. couldn't Disney do something like that? maybe they do all ready. so hoping it dies down for when we go next may!
I remember my sister saying that they did this at Disneyland California with Mickey Mouse and how she thought that was really clever! Would really do lots for the queues if they somehow manage to do this for A+E...

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
While I agree with you about Disney putting in more meet & greets I can't agree about "children only". Adults have just as much right to enjoy all Disney has to offer.
Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I don't agree with you. In my head its more important that a child saw something or experienced something over an adult. I would gladly give up my space in a queue etc for a child
I've done several Disney trips as an adult (no kids) and although I don't make any particular effort to meet characters, it's still fantastic and dare I say magical for me to be able to meet characters if I want to...
Old 17 May 14, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
How ridiculous to say it should be children only... that goes against everything Disney stands for! It is shameful that they are worse than children though...you'd think adults would have the sense to not push and shove.

The problem is that here isn't anywhere for them to put more meet and greets. I have to say though, I would have kept the Norway greeting area open in addition to Princess Fairytale Hall, all though I believe the queues were causing problems on the World Showcase Promenade.

They can't just stick characters anywhere, as they have "show" and theming to adhere to. An ice queen would look pretty out of place in the jungles of Animal Kingdom...

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry but I completely disagree with the 'children only'. Adults have paid to get in so why shouldn't they see characters. I'm 20 and going with my boyfriend who is 22 and I shall be getting fast passes to see Anna and Elsa as it is now one of my fave films!

Edited to add that the whole point of Disney World is for people of all ages to enjoy, not just children. That was what Walt Disney wanted.

Edited at 03:16 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Remove because Posted on wrong thread

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 14, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MinnieMouse07 View Post
Sorry but I completely disagree with the 'children only'. Adults have paid to get in so why shouldn't they see characters. I'm 20 and going with my boyfriend who is 22 and I shall be getting fast passes to see Anna and Elsa as it is now one of my fave films!

Edited to add that the whole point of Disney World is for people of all ages to enjoy, not just children. That was what Walt Disney wanted.
Absolutely agree with this,very well said !

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread